Hello guys.... I'm new here please read...

MrSypher

Hey Zeta, welcome!

I did hear about meZoom's ES. After MrSypher joined here I visited over at ClubLexus and saw it, I put her IM on my buddy list so I could catch her and tell her how sorry I was to hear about it, but I havent had the chance yet, I'm rarely on AIM.

Moderating a forum is important, its important to keep people civil and its important to maintain organization and order with misplaced threads etc, but I think they've seriously crossed the line over at CL. I just recall looking at ALL the members that had been banned, and wondering how many of them could have been saved if the Moderators would just TALK to them. No one ever once contacted me to tell me that there was some issue with the administration and that somehow I was rubbing them the wrong way. If they had, then we could work through it and I'd still be a productive member of the site. I also saw the issue with jobindj's picture being revoked from some contest on a dumb technicality. Sometimes I think Daddy-O gets off on rules. I personally love his hobbys in his profile "snickering at others who dont drive a Lexus" oh please, we dont have some sort of God complex do we? :rolleyes: How many great members have they lost out on?

But, thats in the past and thats where it shall remain. I'm very excited about this board I think it has a lot of potential, I suppose I'll just hang my Lexus keys on the wall here ;)

Stick around, get some of the other CL members to come over and join, no need to desert CL if they dont want to, just contribute to both sites. Competition makes for a better product, maybe some competition is what CL needs.

y`ep... i'm posting across both boards. i have to check on CL more, because of all the different members and the amount of posting that goes on. i really think this site could have just as much potential as CL. LOC is near 1,000 members arleady.

yeah a lot of people have been banned. many i didn't even realize until i saw their name in an old post and saw "banned" under it. some of these are just out of no where.

no need to fear, SW, if matt agrees, i will become ES mod (even though i'm only 16) and maybe ES guru if he thinks i know enough. :)

yeah if anything i see is wrong, i'll of course tell them what they did wrong, and like bold the part of the post that is against LOC rules, but i wouldn't just go and ban them. that's what makes a forum have a bad reputation. people are entitled to their opinion. if one thinks bad of me, that's their problem they have with me, but if they go around spreading bad things, etc. and i find out, then that's a different story. but i'm still awaiting matt's response to ES mod and ES guru. we'll see.

it'll be great to see you posting on this board, though i wish you could have stayed on CL. how's your ES doing by the way? i don't think i've seen a pic of the actual car in sunlight, except for your old avatar.

i'll try and see what i can do over at CL. though being only a kid over there... i don't know how much influence i've got.

Z

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take some pictures of it once I get it clean lol, weather is terrible here. I'm discussing moderating with Matthew now too, we'll get this place runnin good ;) Main thing is to maintain focus, a discussion board is about people, and you have to keep communication and respect levels high. Members seem to get very little respect on CL. As I've noticed, you're gone if you disagree with certain moderators. Gotta make sure that doesn't happen here.

I wouldn't waste your time trying to change the way things are done at CL, you're not going to get anywhere. I talked with Ethan until my fingers fell off from typing and I never got anywhere, and Daddy-O never responded to my PMs or emails. Ethan's a cold calculated business kind of guy, and you're not going to be able to warm him over with the human equation of things. Not to say he's a bad guy, I'm sure he's not, some of the most successful businessmen on earth are that way, unfortunately those people are seldom successful in life.

I think we should just work with the administration of this site to make it the best it can be, and not allow the same mistakes to be made here that were made at CL. I have some good ideas about how to differentiate this site from CL so we each fill a certain niche, I'm writing them up for Mathhew.

Hi guys - great to have both of you here!

Zeta

if matt agrees, i will become ES mod (even though i'm only 16)

zeta - your age is irrelevant mate - we are only interested in your ability to do the job.

As long as you are prepared to put the effort in to keeping the site within our rules / goals - then I don't care if you are 16 or 61.

LOC is going to be a nice , friendly, relaxed and chilled environment, for Lexus enthusiasts to chat about Lexus, cars, and whatever they feel like - without having to worry about egos, or being treated badly (nor being bombarded with people trying to sell them them anything either)

If you can help that happen mate - then your age does not matter at all!

Good Gawd.....I visit this site after seeing Zeta's post on Cl, and all I gotta say is...wow! This forum looks very promising, and it is definately a good alternative to CL....seems like not nearly as much internal politics here, which I'm getting sick of over at CL. So, Zeta and I joined this forum on the same day but he has 70+ posts while I have 9? Looks like I have some catching up to do! :P

Nice to some other CL people like steviej and my favorite ex-member, SW03ES, haha! :P

thanks stevie and nabeel. great to see you guys over here. yeah my thread about this forum got closed... don't know why. rena/mezoom's been trying to figure it out for me. she says she'll get on this forum some time, steve. this is a really good alternative, and the mod's won't bite your head off for posting something "not ES300 forum" appropriate in the ES forum. which is what 1Sick says he closed my thread for. who knows... i don't mind. people can still see it. :)

hope y`all have fun here. :D

Welcome Steviej!

Well, 1SICK is a really good guy. I spoke with him several times during my experience on CL and he always seemed very real and very level headed. All I can think is that he closed it, not moved it or deleted it which he could have done. Technically it was breaking their rules, he got to it before someone else did, and they may have deleted it.

Good Gawd.....I visit this site after seeing Zeta's post on Cl, and all I gotta say is...wow!

Hi Nabeel!

Welcome to the club matey!

Grab a beer and tell us about yourself / your car (OK - so zeta and SWO3ES know you - but a lot of us don't! :P )

Hmmm...I just wrote an intro, but seem to have lost it somehow, probably pushed a wrong button or something. Anyway, I don't drive an ES300 anymore. I used to drive a white/tan '93 ES300 until about 2 months ago, when I gave the car to my mom. It's an interesting story. The car has been in the family for almost 10 years, and when I was 16, my mom 'gave' me the car. She regretted that decision, because she liked the car so much. After driving the ES300 for 2 years, I gave it back to her. She couldn't be happier about getting the car back, and in the meantime I bought an old Audi for myself. Yeah, I'm a traitor :P

Nice meeting all of you here, and I'll be looking forward to contribute in any way I can.

Welcome Steviej!

Well, 1SICK is a really good guy. I spoke with him several times during my experience on CL and he always seemed very real and very level headed. All I can think is that he closed it, not moved it or deleted it which he could have done. Technically it was breaking their rules, he got to it before someone else did, and they may have deleted it.

yeah, SW, i know 1SICK is a great guy. i'm not saying he's not. it was just a wonder why he couldn't have just moved it around. they close some threads that have some potential. but oh well.

it may be closed, but it's still viewable. :) :ph34r:

wow nice to see so many familiar names

and i guess i agree cl is getting really overbearing

it is supposed to be a site for enthusiasts

not for peoples short comings

i think i have also had enough of cl moderators they so remind me of bouncers at clubs picking and choosing people

anyway i wish this site luck and give it my full support

just please forgive my awful spelling and grammer <_<

hey skp, nice to see you. I was going to put my .02 in on the comment the new mod made but then decided to just shut my mouth.

I didn't want to get marked or further still...banned. In the world of text messaging and rapid typing, I always knew what you were saying.

steviej