Hello guys.... I'm new here please read...

MrSypher

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sypher...welcome to the forum and I hope you benefit from this new site....as a run off of the UK forum this forum is rather new so it is not as active as others...I think I have seen your name before?!?! are you in the CL forum?? Well ill talk to ya later.

Hey Sypher...welcome to the forum and I hope you benefit from this new site....as a run off of the UK forum this forum is rather new so it is not as active as others...I think I have seen your name before?!?! are you in the CL forum?? Well ill talk to ya later.

Thanks bro... Yeah, you've proboly seen my name on CL... I'm always lurking at the board...

• 1 month later...

Not bad, I can't complain. Picked up my Lexus about a month ago, love it.

How are things over at CL? Ethan and I parted on bad terms, I havent been back since even to look around.

Not bad, I can't complain. Picked up my Lexus about a month ago, love it.  

How are things over at CL? Ethan and I parted on bad terms, I havent been back since even to look around.

I know... Alot of people got banned from CL and all of them left on bad terms too.. It's still the same, you know... Hey I'm going down to MD in March so I can bring my GS to SRT.. You gonna be around??

I think its really a shame, they loose out on a lot of really productive members by banning people for no good reason at all. No one would even tell me what I did, I got AIM names for all the moderators and asked them directly. Ethan said everyone voted and I lost, well none of the moderators I contacted had any idea about anything like that. Very convoluted. Ethan finally just told me he didnt want "My kind" around, and that I wasn't good enough for CL, so I just told him to shove it and deleted the site from my favorites list. Oh well.

Sure, I should be around in March. SRT actually isnt far from me at all. Around when in March?

Did this whole crap start because you your purchase of the ES?? I remember you catching hell for that.. That really sucks, but what can you do?? I should be down there in like the 3rd week of March if everything goes as planned..

Wow! I'd love that. Let me know.

I don't know what caused it really. I defended myself and my decision to buy the ES, and I supposed that put me on their radar.

Then a little while later I got a PM from Daddy-O saying I had broken the rules by telling JohnsRX that it was dumb for him to be jumping curbs in his RX. This totally blew me away because John agreed with me, and the whole thread ended with he and I laughing about it! He actually said "You've been here less than a month and you've already used words like "stupid" and "dumb" in a thread?" I mean, come on how old are we 12? I went and got the rules, and sent him back a very nice PM stating the rules point by point and showing how I actually hadn't broken any of them (and I hadn't). The thread didnt require moderation due to my post, or anyone elses, I didnt insult anyone, etc. He never responded. You can't expect people to live up to your expectations if you never tell them what they're doing wrong.

I dont know if you were around when he was but my father used to be one of the top moderators administrators on that site (his handle was Stephen and he moderated the LS forum), back when the old Admin was around. He left because of other responsibilities about two years ago. The rules they use now are the rules he wrote for the site. Exactly the same. He looked back over my posting and agreed with me that I had never done anything to violate even one rule.

I never heard anything else from Daddy-O or any other moderator until I logged on one day, and saw that Daddy-O had banned me. I contacted everyone I could, but no one but 1SICKLEX would help me, and he couldn't do much. I even contacted Daddy-O, he just retorted at me and then ignored me. You can't deal with people when they have a superiority complex.

Ethan got really nasty to me, he's going to wind up ruining that site. Its going to get more and more strict. If you wanna stick around over there (I dont blame you its a great site) then watch yourself, you disagree with someone from the administration that takes it way too seriously (Daddy-O mainly) then they'll find some reason to ban you, or they'll just ban you with no reason like they did me.

Yeah, I know the story and who your pops is.. I've had my share of disagreements with Ethan and some Mods before but nothing to a crazy extent.. But CL is a great site and that's always where you'll find me.. Anyways, when I get a solid daye as to when I have to be at SRT, I'll let you know..

Hi guys

Good to see you here...

I am looking for some organisers here to help push this club. At the moment we have a couple of members helping out (thankz guys) and we are looking for a few more to help push the club.

If I can see a good potential in this side of the Lexus Owners Club then I will start building a bigger community.

Like the Uk site we have created a monster that is growing reapidly and we have alot of respect from Lexus and all the dealers. I would like the US section (which is here) to become as good or even better (due to car sales comparison) than the UK club.

if anyone is serious in helping out in a committee style then please let me know and I will have a chat with you.

Also I am looking to create a vacation for a load of UK members in Orlando and would like to have a joint meet! Maybe you guys can come down to Florida for a vacation too! Show us your rides!

Thanks guys!

Steve, thanks for having us.... :wink:

As for helping out around here, I'll think about it.. I'm pretty busy right now and I don't think I could comit to anything because I'm getting married next month.. But maybe... As for that vacation thing, I wish I could meet up with you guys.. I'm not sure if your married but I think I'm using my vacation days to go to SRT to install the turbo in my GS.. Now if I were single I'd be my own boss and would probably definitely go.. But after the wedding I get demoted and she gets promoted... :cry:

I am sure we will have a job for everyone... even moderators jobs will be available as soon as i get my act together on this side of the club.

I'll keep you all posted... :wink:

Hi SW03ES. Nice to see you around here. Now if we just get steviej, mcelligott, xenones3, mezoom!, Kyle Harty, and the rest of the CL regulars over here......hehe, then things could get quite interesting. :)

To the best of my understanding, the thread that got you banned from CL was when EastCoastES (ugh!) posted some pics by accident, then took them down after you commented, in an effort to make you look stupid. You responded saying that if anyone made you look stupid, you would make them look stupider, and then one of the mods (I think Daddy-O) cited some rule against incitement and banned you in that very thread. I dunno what went down privately between you, Ethan, and the mods, so I'm not gonna comment on that. So far, I've had good experiences with the administration/moderators over there, and I feel they have been respectful and tolerant- at least with me. But I will admit that I was very surprised when I learned you had been banned, because I never noticed you stepping out of bounds in any of your posts.

Steve, I am interested in helping out wherever I can, but I will admit that I don't have a lot of time between going to college and working. But if I can help out anywhere, I would be glad to.

Mr, Congrats on the engagement! Do let me know about SRT, you can just post here or my email is swithrow02@hotmail.com

Steve, I'd be happy to help out! You look like you have a good beginning here, just needs some fine tuning and some advertising, you'll be all set. I've moderated around before, so I know the ropes. Just let me know.

Nabeel, Funny thing was, my post to EastCoastES was meant as much as sarcasm as it was anything else, and if I recall, I even asked in the post if he needed me to help him get the correct pics posted. I don't think that was it, I think it was an excuse. I always got the impression that there was more to the issue than anything I was being told. Also keep in mind there in that post, I broke no rules, thats straight out of the mouth of the man that wrote them.

Get the regs over here, I'd love to have a place to talk about Lexus again!

• 1 month later...

hey... nabeel signed on.

hey sw03es. i haven't seen you in a while. i was wondering where you went off to.

i didn't know daddy-o banned you though. hrmm... yeah things are getting strict over there, but it's a discussion forum. you should be entitled to your own opinion, and be able to express it. i know you didn't mean anything against eastcoast, but he's banned too, so it's all good.

sometimes the mods at CL just can't take a joke.

hey SW, did you hear MeZoom (ES mod) lost her ES?

Hey Zeta, welcome!

I did hear about meZoom's ES. After MrSypher joined here I visited over at ClubLexus and saw it, I put her IM on my buddy list so I could catch her and tell her how sorry I was to hear about it, but I havent had the chance yet, I'm rarely on AIM.

Moderating a forum is important, its important to keep people civil and its important to maintain organization and order with misplaced threads etc, but I think they've seriously crossed the line over at CL. I just recall looking at ALL the members that had been banned, and wondering how many of them could have been saved if the Moderators would just TALK to them. No one ever once contacted me to tell me that there was some issue with the administration and that somehow I was rubbing them the wrong way. If they had, then we could work through it and I'd still be a productive member of the site. I also saw the issue with jobindj's picture being revoked from some contest on a dumb technicality. Sometimes I think Daddy-O gets off on rules. I personally love his hobbys in his profile "snickering at others who dont drive a Lexus" oh please, we dont have some sort of God complex do we? :rolleyes: How many great members have they lost out on?

But, thats in the past and thats where it shall remain. I'm very excited about this board I think it has a lot of potential, I suppose I'll just hang my Lexus keys on the wall here ;)

Stick around, get some of the other CL members to come over and join, no need to desert CL if they dont want to, just contribute to both sites. Competition makes for a better product, maybe some competition is what CL needs.