Rear Door Panel Removal?

jsantos615

Hmmmm...It seems that the rear of my GX hates me...

Has anyone removed the rear cargo door panel? My license plate screws are spinning when I try to removed them to install a new plate. My dealer wants to charge me $200 to swap the plates out. I think I should save the cash and do it myself. Has anyone ever had this problem?

• 7 months later...

Hmmmm...It seems that the rear of my GX hates me...

Has anyone removed the rear cargo door panel? My license plate screws are spinning when I try to removed them to install a new plate. My dealer wants to charge me $200 to swap the plates out. I think I should save the cash and do it myself. Has anyone ever had this problem?

You have to take the rear door panel off. First you have to lift your handle and remove the two prongs that hold the handle. (No Screws) Once that is removed, slip a screwdriver to release the tension. (It is like an expandable prong) The only screw is located under the cover for the top strap of the Lexus first aid kit is. Once that is removed, carefully find a place to pull the panel and you should start hearing snap after snap as you pull it away from the door. Tricky part is near the rear window. It snaps towards the window wiper. Once you get started it will all make sense. The reverse bulb will be visible once all this is done. Good luck