Automatic Bluetooth Connection

I have an IS-350. I recently got a new cell phone, Motorola RAZR V3. I cannot get it to Auto Connect to the IS-350 bluetooth. AFter the initial registration it never asks for the password again but I must manually connect each time. I know it is not the phone as it works fine with other Bluetoot devices.

Any ideas?

I have an IS-350. I recently got a new cell phone, Motorola RAZR V3. I cannot get it to Auto Connect to the IS-350 bluetooth. AFter the initial registration it never asks for the password again but I must manually connect each time. I know it is not the phone as it works fine with other Bluetoot devices.

Any ideas?

I would suggest it is the phone, but is a setting that needs to be made to allow the IS-350 to connect automatically.

My Nokia has a setting that asks if I would allow the device to autoconnect.

Otherwise go through the cars onscreen phone settings as it can be set for multiple phones but will only accept 1 as the default to connect to automatically. This may need to be changed if you've had another phone connected.

Any ideas?

I have a RAZR V3m. No problems automatically connecting. Doesn't the Nav BT have an option to automatically connect? Is it selected?

My RAZR V3 connects automatically. The service BT guru showed me how to download from the phone address book. It only works one entry at a time, and is such a complex process, I can only remember and describe it from in the car when I am in the middle of doing it.

Once a phone is registered, it doesn't ask for the password again. Auto connect is automatically is turned on when the phone is registered. Touching the autoconnect each time on the screen turns it off and on. In other words, don't touch the autoconnect when you register the phone. Should of read the manual instead of blaming the car.

I see this everyday. No one reads the manual, reads the forums, check the manufacturer websites, etc. Blame the $40k car, not the $200 phone. Thank you for my little rant.

Once a phone is registered, it doesn't ask for the password again. Auto connect is automatically is turned on when the phone is registered. Touching the autoconnect each time on the screen turns it off and on. In other words, don't touch the autoconnect when you register the phone. Should of read the manual instead of blaming the car.

I see this everyday. No one reads the manual, reads the forums, check the manufacturer websites, etc. Blame the $40k car, not the $200 phone. Thank you for my little rant.

Wow, someone hit a nerve. :P

You can't really say nobody. :cheers:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=25999

This somebody *HAS* read the manual and I still cannot get it to work! I have deleted all previous phones from the IS-350 and yes, the Auto Connect is on.

As for my $200 phone, it was the first thing I suspected so I tried it against a Bluetooth Headset and a friends Iphone. In both cases after registering the device it would auto connect after disconnect.

Thanks for the comments, I guess. I'll ask the service guys the next time I take it in for service.

This somebody *HAS* read the manual and I still cannot get it to work! I have deleted all previous phones from the IS-350 and yes, the Auto Connect is on.

As for my $200 phone, it was the first thing I suspected so I tried it against a Bluetooth Headset and a friends Iphone. In both cases after registering the device it would auto connect after disconnect.

Thanks for the comments, I guess. I'll ask the service guys the next time I take it in for service.

Sorry for rant, wasn't directed toward you. As you may guess, I work at a dealership and its amazing how many people we get here who don't read the manual or try to figure out some the most simplistic issues.

Back to you phone issue, using your bluetooth headset may not be the best way to figure out why your phone is not connecting. Headset uses the HSP (headset) profile. Connecting to the car is a seperate bluetooth profile. Your car will use HFP (handsfree) for pairing and OPP (object push) for phonebook. You should try the phone in another car.

Most of the cell phones automatically disconnect the Bluetooth feature if not being used. This way, it conserves battery power. You have to manually "enable" the bluetooth feature in your phone again so that it will auto-connect to any bluetooth system. (e.g. headset, or car) When you enable the bluetooth on your phone, it will try to find any bluetooth devices for a continuous 5 or 10 minutes, if nothing is detected during this time, it will auto-disconnect.

Any ideas?

I have a RAZR V3m. No problems automatically connecting. Doesn't the Nav BT have an option to automatically connect? Is it selected?

Sorry for rant, wasn't directed toward you. As you may guess, I work at a dealership and its amazing how many people we get here who don't read the manual or try to figure out some the most simplistic issues.

Back to you phone issue, using your bluetooth headset may not be the best way to figure out why your phone is not connecting. Headset uses the HSP (headset) profile. Connecting to the car is a seperate bluetooth profile. Your car will use HFP (handsfree) for pairing and OPP (object push) for phonebook. You should try the phone in another car.

While I have read much of the manual, you can't deny that it is ENORMOUS, plus there's a whole separate one for the nav, and it's filled with stupid crap like repeatedly warning you it is dangerous to do anything while driving. Yet, it contains nothing that can end the debate regarding "slots" vs. "dimples" on the sun visor (sorry--had to do it).

Any ideas?

I use to have that phone with my IS 250 and it wouldnt auto connect with the car. Its the phones problem not the car, i recently just bought a samsung slider and works just perfect

Any ideas?

I use to have that phone with my IS 250 and it wouldnt auto connect with the car. Its the phones problem not the car, i recently just bought a samsung slider and works just perfect

Haha same exact thing happened to me with the same exact phones except I have a GS!!

• 11 months later...

Any ideas?

I have Samsung slider "Slash", and the BT disconnects all the time, and you cannot reconnect it while the car is in motion as the CONNECT button is deactivated when car is moving.

Isn't there some issues with some of the wireless phone providers? I'm not exactly sure, but some phones have to be Authroized or permissioned to connect everytime to a Blutooth system. Maybe it's a phone thing, but I thought it was like Verizon that did that? Or maybe it's Verizons phones only?

I have a Sprint Katana, and that connects automatically after I start the car. and when I turn the car off, it goes back to the phone automatically also. If I have a Blutooth headset on, it cancels the headset and switches to the car automatically, and when I turn the car off it changes back agian. I don't have to do anything. And if you have the Ipod interface kit, it pauses the music while your on the phone. ( I really like that.)

Isn't there some issues with some of the wireless phone providers? I'm not exactly sure, but some phones have to be Authroized or permissioned to connect everytime to a Blutooth system. Maybe it's a phone thing, but I thought it was like Verizon that did that? Or maybe it's Verizons phones only?

I have a Sprint Katana, and that connects automatically after I start the car. and when I turn the car off, it goes back to the phone automatically also. If I have a Blutooth headset on, it cancels the headset and switches to the car automatically, and when I turn the car off it changes back agian. I don't have to do anything. And if you have the Ipod interface kit, it pauses the music while your on the phone. ( I really like that.)

There's no Verizon issue. I had a Razr v3m, and now a BlackBerry Pearl--both auto connect every time w/in about 5 seconds of startup.

funny you say that.... i've literally sit in front of the verizon store in my car and tried every phone they had in the store... and i could get 3 or 4 phones to pair but none would autopair... there is something up with verizon and bluetooth compatiblity.... whether it's the differences in handsfree units or the phone or the provider or whatever... in my experience verizon has not been up to par with all the features offered through bluetooth.... kind of annoying but i like their service best... so i'll deal with it.... but ive tried at&t and sprint and other providers and the bluetooth and autopair seems to work fine for me....

• 11 years later...

Hello All, 

I have a slightly different but related issue. I have a 2014 IS350 F Sport and am having Bluetooth connectivity issues. Same phone for 3 years, no issue. Usually listening to music from my phone before I’m out of the garage. Last couple of months I’ve noticed it connects for about 2 seconds then disconnects everything. You can watch it go thru successful attempt to connect to contacts, etc then immediately goes to unsuccessful attempt to connect. Any suggestions for that one? Thanks!