Magna Shield

Hi All,

The dealership where I purchased my Lexus tried to sell me something called Magna Shield. Have you heard of it? If so, what are its advantages and disadvantages? According to the dealer, you don't need to wax your car once this is applied?

Thanks!

There are no advantages. Those dealer sold protection kits are no better than a coat of sealant applied at home, and the markup on them is astronomical...pass on them. They last 2 months, tops.

ANYBODY who tells you once you apply their product you won't have to protect the paint again is lying.

There are no advantages. Those dealer sold protection kits are no better than a coat of sealant applied at home, and the markup on them is astronomical...pass on them. They last 2 months, tops.

ANYBODY who tells you once you apply their product you won't have to protect the paint again is lying.

Thanks SW03ES. I've also read some of your other posts. They are very helpful.

I'm going to pass on the Magna Shield (perma-plate) and have a professional detailer apply some Zaino coats for me. I have a silver IS350 and I see from previous posts that Zaino works better on lighter color cars. Eventually, I'll learn to do it myself.