Can A California Engine Be Replaced With Any Other 49 State Engine

pearlyLs400

HELP ME GUYS IM A WOMEN?

I bought a 1990 ls400. unfortunatley i had to have the engine replaced cause i drove with to little oil and the something something locked up NOt the engine but i think the head gasket, not sure any way.

The mechanic didnt know my car was a Cali born lexus, and replaced the engine with a 1994 engine, or was it 1995 one of the two. Anyway my question is .....

#1.CAN A 1990 ls400 CALIFORNIA BORN LEXUS engine be replaced with an other 49 states engine and run fine?

#2. Does replacing the engine model and year, make a difference since i do have a 1990 first gen.?

#3. If the check engine light came on after this new engine was installed what does that mean?

#4. Does anyone know where to get a California replacement engine for a 1990 ls400 that would be compatible?

thanks guys help me Im a women

HELP ME GUYS IM A WOMEN?

I bought a 1990 ls400. unfortunatley i had to have the engine replaced cause i drove with to little oil and the something something locked up NOt the engine but i think the head gasket, not sure any way.

The mechanic didnt know my car was a Cali born lexus, and replaced the engine with a 1994 engine, or was it 1995 one of the two. Anyway my question is .....

#1.CAN A 1990 ls400 CALIFORNIA BORN LEXUS engine be replaced with an other 49 states engine and run fine?

#2. Does replacing the engine model and year, make a difference since i do have a 1990 first gen.?

#3. If the check engine light came on after this new engine was installed what does that mean?

#4. Does anyone know where to get a California replacement engine for a 1990 ls400 that would be compatible?

thanks guys help me Im a women

#1. yes, absolutely. Run "finer", probably.

#2. Yes, lower emissions and more HP due to evolutionary improvements.

#3. The same thing as the original engine unless you swap in the new engine's "matching" ECU.

#4. I wouldn't bother. But what was wrong with the '90 engine that made it not repairable?

If you replace a california with another 49 states engine you wil have to replace the ECU for 49 states also. Good luck with your car.

Not necessarily, but far from a bad idea.

But since the design engineers often consider the engine & transmission as one package, the firmware may have some integration aspects that require a "same year" switch of both engine and transmission.

Certainly worth checking into, given that even within a single MY's production "running" changes are often made.

Hey guys thanks for the advice you were right. the ECM has to be replaced.

some of you ask me what happen to original engine well WOMEN i drove it with low oil and the head gasket i think somehting of this nature LOCKED.

right now i have a 1994 ls 400 engine in i 49 states, but it JERKS/jumps when you put it into drive also the check engine light is on so hopefully i get the ECM and this will solve what i have going on.

HOPE I DONT HAVE TO GET ANOTHER TRANNY, cause if so i selling this BABY.

Thanks

right now i have a 1994 ls 400 engine in i 49 states, but it JERKS/jumps when you put it into drive also the check engine light is on so hopefully i get the ECM and this will solve what i have going on.

Some amount of jump when you put the car into gear isn't a big deal. My 1995 LS400 does it and it's normal. If you let the engine warm up (and the idle fall to the normal "warm" RPM's) it probably won't jump when you put it in gear.