New To The Game

Hello - I' new to the world of Lexus (2000, GS300). 66,000 miles, no maintenace record. Body & interior excellant. Wonderful ride. Local ind. shop lubricated, etc. Front & rear brake pads, rear rotors replaced by Toyota. Lexus dealer 100+ miles. What steps now?

Love Forum - love the car. Thanks

You are going to think I am crazy, but since the 60K service (look at your manual) is such an inportant maintenace interval, I would spend one day and drive to the Lexus dealership and have the 60K service done. It won't be cheap, but it will pay off in the end. Very good preventive maint.

I have done all the 30K, 60K, 90K, 120K, and so on, services on both of my Honda's, my Acura, and both of my Lexus'. The reason I think it works is because my one Honda has 213,000 miles and runs like new, and my other Honda has 188,000 miles and runs like new, and my Acura has 93,000 and runs like new too!

:D

OIL CHANGES, OIL CHANGES, OIL CHANGES!!!

Always change your oil between 3-5000 miles. This is the blood of your car, and will pay off in the end. I also recommend to always do the scheduled maintainence and never take it to anyone but the dealer or an authorized Lexus repair shop. It will cost a little more, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Good luck with your new Lexus and welcome to the club!