Sun Visor

I find that slot very useful for my parking card.

I think its a standard feature for all Toyota cars to have a card holder somewhere.

Of course, if you dont need to swipe a card to get into a parking lot, then the card holder would be of little use to you.

But for me that holder is invaluable since it now saves me a lot of time when compared to how I had to do it before; open the center console and look around for the parking card every single morning with a line of cars behind me at the lift gate waiting impatiently.

Those slots are for acoustics.Mainly for the Mark Levinson system.Don't ask me how they are supposed to help .They are talked about in the Brochure

Be careful that you don't push your card in too deep as you won't be able to get it out

:unsure:

Those slots are for acoustics.Mainly for the Mark Levinson system.Don't ask me how they are supposed to help .They are talked about in the Brochure

Be careful that you don't push your card in too deep as you won't be able to get it out

Why would non-ML's, or as lopid notes, "all Toyotas" have it?

I use it for my parking stub when I park in a garage.

Why would non-ML's, or as lopid notes, "all Toyotas" have it?

I use it for my parking stub when I park in a garage.

Not all Toyotas have slots in their sun visors .It IS for acustics .I tend to believe the spec brochure !

The sun visors are sound absorbing, and add to the accoustics of the interior and also dampens exterior noise.

This is done through the material used and the dimples in the visors.

The slots are card holders.

The sun visors are sound absorbing, and add to the accoustics of the interior and also dampens exterior noise.

This is done through the material used and the dimples in the visors.

The slots are card holders.

If they are card holders then why do they have them on both visors.If they were for cards they would have two on the drivers visor .Thebrochure clearly states that the slots are for acoustics.

The brochure clearly states that the slots are for acoustics.

Harty, can you point me to that portion of the brochure?

All I see is:

Inside the new IS you can use your iPod® or most other MP3

players to access your entire music library. Simply plug your player into the auxiliary

iPod®/MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) port and take in the amazing sound.

The IS cabin features sound-absorbing dimpling in the sun visors, as well as

acoustic windshield glass containing a noise-dampening inner film to help promote

a more pure listening environment. And with the available 300-watt at 0.1% THD9

Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio System,10 you'll have 14 carefully

positioned speakers offering 7.1-channel surround sound speaker architecture.

Optional equipment.

I don't see anything regarding the slots. :unsure:

Thanks!

Those slots are refered to as dimples .If those slots were supposed to be for cards they would be listed as such in the owners manual.

I must say that you have me wondering though Its a stupid thing but it is now bugging me

By the way non of my cards fit in those slots .

I always felt that they were there to hold tickets, like parking tickets or tickets you get when you go through tolls on the highway. I don't think they're there for greeting cards or the like. Other Toyotas have these slots above the hand rail on the ceiling from what I recall. Just a place to put a small piece of paper so you don't lose it in your car.

Those slots are refered to as dimples .If those slots were supposed to be for cards they would be listed as such in the owners manual.

I must say that you have me wondering though Its a stupid thing but it is now bugging me

Who refers to a "slot" as a "dimple"? Dimples are round, like on a golf ball.

I'm not sure what cards you are putting in the slots, but my parking stub at the parking garage fits perfectly. One of my colleagues lost his prepaid bridge toll card key behind the dash of his VW, through a little gap. If he had a "slot" in his visor, he would not have had to have the VW dealer dismantle his dash to get it back.

I'm not sure what cards you are putting in the slots, but my parking stub at the parking garage fits perfectly. One of my colleagues lost his prepaid bridge toll card key behind the dash of his VW, through a little gap. If he had a "slot" in his visor, he would not have had to have the VW dealer dismantle his dash to get it back.

Come on people! Slots and dimples is like talking apples and oranges! The slot whether you have one or two is not mentioned in my brochure (06 Model IS) but it is obvious at least to me that it's a card holder. You can use it to hold tickets if you like but for this military retiree it's a perfect fit for my military ID card and readily accessible every time I pull up to a base entry gate. Driver's license are a perfect as well. Bottomline, it has nothing to do with acoustics.

Come on people! Slots and dimples is like talking apples and oranges! The slot whether you have one or two is not mentioned in my brochure (06 Model IS) but it is obvious at least to me that it's a card holder. You can use it to hold tickets if you like but for this military retiree it's a perfect fit for my military ID card and readily accessible every time I pull up to a base entry gate. Driver's license are a perfect as well. Bottomline, it has nothing to do with acoustics.

One post, and he is contributing mightily already. I think this thread can now be closed.

Actually there are little teenie tiny flat wireless speakers inside the visors and the slots are where the sound comes out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bartkat...can lock this thread this is stupid....

Actually there are little teenie tiny flat wireless speakers inside the visors and the slots are where the sound comes out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, fun while it lasted! ;)

But, fun while it lasted! ;)

Where's the love?