How Can I Make My Car Smile?

blake918

It seems as though Louisiana has the worst possible streets that I've traveled...lay asphault on a big swamp and in no time you will get many, many potholes :angry: . Anyways, I guess I've zoomed through too many of these potholes or however else this might happen...maybe scraping on the driveway(?), and it looks as though my car is frowning or maybe a swollen lip from fighting with the pavement :lol: . Is there any kind of simple diy fix for this? Or would I have to pull the whole front bumper off which I don't want to get into as I am no body expert. Here's a pic of my poor car...

post-7-1062731041.jpg

i know what you mean i had a lump on mine and got lucky that i was able to fix it!i justed put a jack under mine and slowly jacked it up a very little until it was gone.dont know if that will help you but it might! :D

hmm i am suer tehre is a little peice of metal in there

that is why it is so easy to bend back by hand

i found it happens most to cars that are parked front end first and tehn scrape the concreate stoppers pulling the front ends up and out trying to get over them

i just pushed mine up and it stayed fine ever since

Amanda, me too, an "upside down" frown? ;)

sk, Thats why I always back into parking spaces. Way more clearance in back then in front. The front of the Lexuses are all really low.

My fiance and I met my dad for dinner about a week ago. He parked his LS right next to my ES. It was a whole row of spaces, but only the first 4 (our spaces included) had parking curbs, the rest you could drive right through straight. Well, we walked out from dinner, he got in his car we got in ours. I started it up, and put it in reverse. Before I know it, he's driven forward figuring all the spaces didnt have curbs, up over the curb, and down with a loud bam as the curb smacked the underside of the car. he had to spin the rear wheels to pop back off of it. We were laughing the rest of the way home lol.

Before I know it, he's driven forward figuring all the spaces didnt have curbs, up over the curb, and down with a loud bam as the curb smacked the underside of the car. he had to spin the rear wheels to pop back off of it.

Wow - any damage?

Maybe not if you guys LOL'd the rest of the way home...

When I did something similar in my 92, I swear I could feel the pain in my heart when I heard that scrape. :whistles:

speed humps here are the worst for my car.....they bottom out everytime you go over one....stupid camry hits hard and it sounds like the car is going to spilt....the lexus isnt so bad..but i mean....those things are death traps.....

the thing i hate is parallel parking. im ok at it....i just hit the curb sometimes.....thats why i like the new house, there aren't any curbs, just a little incline of concrete from the yard to the road...but it makes it hard not to end up with one tire in the yard :(

im not a good judge when it comes to how far (any) curb is away from me....i used to drive til i hit something....now with this car, i park as far away as i can...

oh yeh, someone hit the car today, almost took off my side view mirror..thank goodness for the pivoting base.....

The LS has them front and back, as do Mercedes, BMW...

I personally think they're helpful for SUVs and such, but I've never had a problem in a car. They wouldnt help for curbs anyway because they're too high on the bumper.