Tire Pressure

piggyncsu

You can get the pen from www.autosharppen.com

The Langka is to remove the excess touchup paint. It allows you to level off the paint you've touched up with the surrounding paint so you dont get that bulge that you get a lot. With the pen you wont need it, but you'll need it or something like it if you're using a brush.

ok to get back to the original post in this thread.i have low profile tires and have 38 psi in all of them.max is 44 so do you think i have them to low?should i put 40 psi in them or will it not make a difference between 38 and 40?

reason im asking is the car just had a alighnment done but once in a while grips the road and pulls to the right when i hit the brake and sometimes pull even when im not hitting the brake.i think its because of the low profile tires and there wider then the factory ones but not sure because if i put the stock 15 inch on my car it dont pull at all.

it did it more when i had less pressure in the tires but now i filled them to 38 psi and it dont do it as much so thats why i ask if 40 will help even more.

i was told to follow the car requirements for the tires (26-32) not the 44 psi on the tires themselves.......too high can do the same damage as too low :( but that was for factory sized tires....

did you have the alignment when it was lower or at this present state of 38? wait...

so what are your tires now...when u got the tires, what did the info that came with them say..anything about pressure?

id say try 40..i just dont want your tires to get messed up either way....

dunno why rubber is so darn expensive....

The air pressure wont make a difference in the alignment. 40s still too high for me...

Basically use the manufacturer's number as a lower bound. Thats the least pressure you can put in the tires. The maximum inflation of the tire is the upper bound, thats the most you can put in, basically anything in between is going to be fine. The more air the more rolling resistance and the better the fuel economy. However, higher pressure causes more noise and a harsher ride. So its a balancing act.

I run mine at the manufacturer's stated pressure, 29PSI to maximise quietness and ride. Its worth it to me to pay more for gas.

hmmm.  you guys are saying some interesting stuff here.  i am still very strongly inclined to spray (because i am obsessive compulsive), but i will keep this in mind.  we'll see next week which i decide to do, though i already did order the spray paint cans.

so the metallic came out well with the pens, huh.  this is the first time i've heard anybody say that.

actually, i have bought all sorts of supplies to sand the area and all that crazy stuff.  we'll see.

thanks for the tip.  but it is another thing for me to obsess over.

ack!

=================

hmmm.  i just checked out that autosharpen site and they also say the spread-on metallic paint will not look as good as the spray on stuff.  they probably mean professionally sprayed on, but you know, i used to compete in art competitions, so maybe i'll get a break. 

see how obsessive-compulsive i am. 

watch out for a thread titled, "HELP!!!  I HAVE A BIG BLOTCH ON THE SIDE OF MY CAR AND I DIDN'T GET LANGKA!!!" about the end of next week.

it is interesting what you say about matching white paint and its being the hardest color to duplicate.  i've read time and again that metallic is the worst, especially gold (just my luck).  i've ran into that autopia site's tip on touching up paint and the guy also mentions that metallics are very difficult but that white and black is relatively easy. 

maybe you had such good results on the es because the car is already dark so any darkening wouldn't show up so much?

If you spray paint, you'll need to prep and paint entire panels. Even a good body shop would still have trouble matching the paint on nearby surfaces. The stuff you get in a can is no way going to match your old paint that well. You could end up with the ony good fix being a complete paint job, and I doubt you want that.

on a side note, i am trying to get new tires for the car...if i get new rims and tires do i still follow mr. manual or should i follow the tires?

dunno what to get either, so throw ideas at me if u got any ;)

and my tires now rest at 28-31 psi...28 for one, 29 for another and so on...it was my first time, hehe oh well.. they still look low the punks....

The tire sidewall will state the maximum load at the maximum pressure. You probably don't want to be running at that.

30 - 32 PSI is a good all around number for a lightly loaded passenger car. Use 30 for most of the time, and if you're going on a trip, maybe go up to 32 PSI for susatained "high speed" driving. That will also help your gas mileage just a little bit.

If you spray paint, you'll need to prep and paint entire panels. Even a good body shop would still have trouble matching the paint on nearby surfaces. The stuff you get in a can is no way going to match your old paint that well. You could end up with the ony good fix being a complete paint job, and I doubt you want that.

Yes! Listen to him too Amanda, looka round he knows more about cars then a lot of people on here, including me.

spray paint just never works right...and you get it everywhere, in spots u didnt want it.....even if you make a "shield" for it...

im sure id spray the darn window if i was trying to touch up the car....and my hand shakes, more detail with a pen or paint brush than a can o color.......