Leather Seat Covers On Ebay?

blake918

I found this set of seat covers on ebay for my '94 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2431024530. They say that they are made by classic soft trim. Are these junk...will I be better off paying up for more expensive leather? $310 sounds a little too good to be true :o .

Classic Soft Trim is a respectable brand. Those covers look like they have a bit more "drape" than the factory leather. Also, your sig mentions a '94. The 92-94 cars had a darker shade of tan than the 95-96, the seats in the pic look quite light to me.

The covers pictured normally go for about $750 retail.

he sounds like a pain if you want to return something but looks like everyone believes they got the right product as described (albeit there seem to be some dispute as to whether the color and car model described were correct in couple of cases).

maybe you can just ask him if there's some proof that it's from the right company.

they look pretty good to me, but what the heck do i know.

I sent him an email asking if there is anyway that he could verify that color scheme to my car. I'm having a really hard time tring to tell if the color is off. Do you know for sure that the interior colors were changed? What's "drape?" Why are these covers so cheap if they normally go for around $750? :wacko:

"Drape" is the bagginess of the leather between the seams. The stock leather on the 92-96 has little drape, as they went for a taut, sporty look. Look at the back seat of a 97-01 ES, you'll see what I mean by drape.

As for the interior color change between 94 and 95, check out a couple of cars on eBay. The beige on the 94 has much more yellow than the 95.

As for the price, it's likely an issue of low demand. Not many people are actively seeking upholstery for these cars.