Navigation System

Hi

I have a 2002 GS300 with a Navigation System, I recently banged a piece of wood into the screen by mistake and the whole screen went black. I could not see anything on the screen but if I touch the screen I can hear the beep noise and I can also still control the air conditioner etc..(I just can't see anything). I bought the car to the lexus dealer and they said I need a whole new navigation system for a price of around $6,000. I found this hard to believe that the whole system had to be replaced for that price so I took my car back. One day the sun was coming through the sun roof at an angle where I can actually see the screen albeit very lightly and only at certain angles but that tells me that everything is working and I don't feel that the whole system has to be replaced. I cannot see the screen unless the sun is shining at the right angle so most of the time the screen looks black. I would like to know if anyone has ever had just a screen replaced? The Lexus dealer is telling me that this can't be done and the whole system has to be changed.

I would be greatly appreciated it if someone can help or if someone has had a similar problem and how you resolved it??

Thank You

That's the attitude today......REPLACE IT! :whistles: In reality, all that has to be done is to replace the screen, but dealers don't want to be bothered doing this because of the time factor. I would call Lexus Corporation directly and find out if this is considered the only option you have.

That's the attitude today......REPLACE IT! :whistles: In reality, all that has to be done is to replace the screen, but dealers don't want to be bothered doing this because of the time factor. I would call Lexus Corporation directly and find out if this is considered the only option you have.