Garage Door Opener (home Link System)

Does the '06 300 have a garage door opener or home link system built in? If so, how do you set it up with a garage door?

It does have one on the rear view mirror...there are 3 programable. the way to program it should be in your owners manual. i really suggest checking it out there is some helpful info there.

Does the '06 300 have a garage door opener or home link system built in? If so, how do you set it up with a garage door?

It does have one on the rear view mirror...there are 3 programable. the way to program it should be in your owners manual. i really suggest checking it out there is some helpful info there.

thanks for the reply. I actually do not have the owner's manual as I bought the car recently used and it didn't come with it. I am going to try to fetch a copy and figure out how to program. Does Lexus have the owner's manual online?

thanks for the reply. I actually do not have the owner's manual as I bought the car recently used and it didn't come with it. I am going to try to fetch a copy and figure out how to program. Does Lexus have the owner's manual online?

Not sure, you should def check out their website and see if there are any downloads etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just did this yesterday when installing a Sears door opener that uses HomeLink...like the Lexus.

Just press the Learn button on the door opener in the garage.

You have 30 seconds to press whichever button position you want to program twice.

The light under the mirror body will begin flashing, then press the button again.

It should be programmed and garage door should open/close.

Whit

• 3 months later...

Having just fought and won this battle, I'd like to add a step / precondition:

I have a Genie garage door opener with the Homelink / rolling code, and it wouldn't program with my new Lexus. I followed the instructions serially 10 times, followed the instructions on this forum and others, no luck.

Reading the Genie FAQ's, I found my problem: the Genie will only hold the codes for 7 transmitters. As I've had several cars in and out of the garage, the opener memory was full. Erasing its memory (push and hold the learn button for several seconds on the opener), then repeating the programming was the trick.

So, count your cars and openers, old and new, and wipe the opener memory if you're having problems with a total near 7.

• 2 months later...

New owner of GS350 '08 here. We have been home for about 2 hours and I can't get the car's garage door opener to operate my rolling code 2220 lift master.

Any other ideas? I have read the manual and the process is too simple for me to screw up.

TIA

New owner of GS350 '08 here. We have been home for about 2 hours and I can't get the car's garage door opener to operate my rolling code 2220 lift master.

Any other ideas? I have read the manual and the process is too simple for me to screw up.

TIA

go to homelink's website and follow their instructions.

click on USA/English, then click on programming Homelink in the top menu,

then select what you want to do in square #1 (program garage door opener),

then in box 2 put in your car; select GS300/400 then select 2008,

in box 3 you have choices PDF, video tutorial, etc.).

good luck.

steviej

I'm an idiot.

I was skipping the step where you hold the remote up to the mirror because I thought since I had rolling code I could skip this step. Wow, what a difference that made.

Thanks and be forewarned I am not this stupid. ;)

• 5 years later...

Follow the below steps to program a rolling code garage door opener:

1. hold your garage door remote very close to your homelink device in your car (location varies for some cars).

2. Press both the garage door button and a homelink button at the same time

3. Release both the garage door button and the homelink button when the light on homelink button flashes very rapidly

4. Go up to your garage door motor and press the learn button (quickly run down to your car because you only have 30 seconds to program your homelink button)

5. Press and release the homelink button for 2 seconds until the garage door open or close.

I hope this helps.