Sirius Satellite Kit?

SteveP

Today my dealer told me that they do offer installation of both XM and Sirius kits, without sending it to a third party shop, and without removing the dash. About $500 for the unit and four hours labor. (Total about $800) Does anyone know of a Sirius kit which would be user installable and that mounts in the trunk, like the XM kit??

:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, Lexus now has a new Sirius kit.

My ES350 (2007) is at the dealer now having Sirius installed (again). Be aware that, according to the assistant service manager, the installation instructions call for the antenna to be placed INSIDE the vehicle, either on the windshield or rear window. This is in direct contradiction to Sirius' instructions. Initially, my antenna was placed next to the rear view mirror and, as a result, I kept losing the signal. The dealer is now trying to relocate the antenna on the outside of the car.

Has anyone had similar issues?

My ES350 (2007) is at the dealer now having Sirius installed (again). Be aware that, according to the assistant service manager, the installation instructions call for the antenna to be placed INSIDE the vehicle, either on the windshield or rear window. This is in direct contradiction to Sirius' instructions. Initially, my antenna was placed next to the rear view mirror and, as a result, I kept losing the signal. The dealer is now trying to relocate the antenna on the outside of the car.

My ES 350 has XM installed. Because of the panorama roof of the ultra luxury I needed a different antenna. The dealer placed it on the right corner of the trunk right where it meets the rear window. It is less than 1 inch square and works well. I'd rather have the body colored roof mounted one but that's just not possible with the glass roof. It works well and doesn't look to bad.

Not sure what you mean by contrary to Sirius instructions. If you have the Lexus installed Sirius kit, the antenna has always been installed on the windshield per instructions as the antenna that comes with the kit only works on the windshield. I do agree with you that the antenna and its mounting is less than ideal. Reception can be sporadic or weak. If your dealer is going to mount an antenna on the outside, they're going to have to use a different antenna. We did the same thing on a 2006 GS with Sirius. We just removed the windshield antenna and replaced it with an external antenna, which I think we installed on the trunk. Worked much better.

• 4 weeks later...