99 Gs 300 Sppedometer Stopped Working

The other day my speedo stopped working. I can't figure out what is wrong. The other gauges are working fine. The odometer is not working either. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? From some of the other posts that I have seen, some people have had the problem with their speedo working intermittently. Mine just stopped. Please Help before i get a ticket.:cries::cries:

Thanks

TJ

The other day my speedo stopped working. I can't figure out what is wrong. The other gauges are working fine. The odometer is not working either. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? From some of the other posts that I have seen, some people have had the problem with their speedo working intermittently. Mine just stopped. Please Help before i get a ticket.:cries::cries:

Thanks

TJ

dude my instrument cluster died also. it was so hard to find some one to fix it. I found one an ebay they go from $150 to $300 used . Cheaper then getting mine fix. They wanted to charge me between $650 to $800 they wanted to ship it to japan to get it fix. It was going to take like 3 weeks to get it back. I bought 1 from a 99 gs400 to put my gs300 and everything works fine except the rpm needle. I have it tested and the engine is fine but the rpm is all over the place. Good luck

Thanks

TJ

dude my instrument cluster died also. it was so hard to find some one to fix it. I found one an ebay they go from $150 to $300 used . Cheaper then getting mine fix. They wanted to charge me between $650 to $800 they wanted to ship it to japan to get it fix. It was going to take like 3 weeks to get it back. I bought 1 from a 99 gs400 to put my gs300 and everything works fine except the rpm needle. I have it tested and the engine is fine but the rpm is all over the place. Good luck

What did you do about the odometer bering off. Is there a way to to set to odo so that it is accurate again?

You have to replace the cluster.

When I replace the cluster will the odometer read correctly? Is the odometer just a display that get the information from the computer is will just it be incorrect.

• 8 months later...
You have to replace the cluster.

When I replace the cluster will the odometer read correctly? Is the odometer just a display that get the information from the computer is will just it be incorrect.

I have a 2000 Gs 300 and my speedometer and oddometer stoped working as well, my milage is shown but does not move, and my speedometer needle is on 0 at all times, cant find a easy fix, or a cheap one!!!

I was on a website that had pictures and directions on how to replace and fix the needed parts for this problem!!!

Please someonr get back to me so i know where and how to take care of this before it gets me another ticket!!!!

Thanks

If the odometer is showing but not incrementing, you likely need a vehicle speed sensor. This is the device that sends the speed information to the computer. It's located on the back of the transmission and is about $70.00 retail. The way to prove this theory would be to hook up a scan tool and drive the vehicle while monitoring the vehicle speed. Is the vehicle speed on the scan tool stays at "0," then the signal is not getting from the speed sensor to the ECM. Replacing the sensor and/or fixing the wiring/connector (if there is a problem there) should do it.