Dealership Help

RahL

Pls share ur views/opinions/experiences with dealerships be them good or bad for the Philadelphia/Delaware area.Would rather goto one that all have had some pleasant experiences rather than have to find out for myself!tnx for your time. ;)

Pls share ur views/opinions/experiences with dealerships be them good or bad for the Philadelphia/Delaware area.Would rather goto one that all have had some pleasant experiences rather than have to find out for myself!tnx for your time. ;)

Well I have had good experiences with Sheehy Lexus in Annapolis. They have seemed to address any, and all problems that I have had. Everyone that I have talked to really seems to care about my satisfaction. Good luck!

Orlando Lexus service center is like a posh hotel, 2 60" LCD tv's in a real living room setting with over stuffed couches and ottomans, a sound proof room for the kids to play in, 6 terminal internet cafe, a grill with all the complimentary soda and coffee you can drink, and if you don't wanna wait there, they have a 160+ cars in their courtesy car fleet. Not to mention that the service there is by far, the best.

• 10 months later...

This post I'm responding to was obviously from a long time ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experiences with any Philly dealerships since then. It seems like there are only three dealerships with 25 miles of me in the NW Philly suburbs (Chester Springs, Wilkie, Wilmington). And two of them are owned by the same partnership. The one closest to me is a fairly new dealership (2 years) and the "experience" has been good. It's a beautiful dealership and the responsiveness and attention have been good.

But with so few dealers I'm wondering how much negotiation leverage I'll have. This late in the model year, and with me still actively considering BMW I think I'll get a reasonable deal, but we'll see.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Wilkie or Chester Springs? Either sales, service, or other?

Thanks!

This post I'm responding to was obviously from a long time ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experiences with any Philly dealerships since then. It seems like there are only three dealerships with 25 miles of me in the NW Philly suburbs (Chester Springs, Wilkie, Wilmington). And two of them are owned by the same partnership. The one closest to me is a fairly new dealership (2 years) and the "experience" has been good. It's a beautiful dealership and the responsiveness and attention have been good.

But with so few dealers I'm wondering how much negotiation leverage I'll have. This late in the model year, and with me still actively considering BMW I think I'll get a reasonable deal, but we'll see.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Wilkie or Chester Springs? Either sales, service, or other?

Thanks!

The Chester Springs dealership pricing on the 2008 RX 350 @ end of season was high. I purchased from a dealership in Doylestown and their pricing was

@ invoice. Definitely worth a trip there. They even located a Japan model 350 and had it trucked in for the cost of transport. I would definitely take a trip there

to price out a vehicle. Good luck.

• 6 months later...

bought a es350 from Cherry Hill Lexus. as you would expect sales team was very good. pleasant experince*. NOT the service dept. won't go again. they do give loaners, the area is very nice but in my opinion they try to run the bill up on you. they wanted $2000 for 45k maint.-[see post in regular forum]. would expect to pay more at dealer but didn't buy into what 'service adviser/SELLER' was saying i needed. when they did a phone followup on the service i did have done; i complained-very nicely. as you would expect [?] that was it, never got survey in mail never got a phone call from mgr. etc. now take car to local guy. forgo all the trapings. he knows he has my business,i don't 'shop around' or haggle over price. on his end i get only what i need and he has a long time satisfied customer. typical bean counters at work.--sales drives service but lousy service chase's sales.

• 2 months later...

I got used 2003 GS 300 few months ago had few things done at Thompson Lexus in Doylestown PA

About 15 miles from Philly, I don’t have any previous experience with Lexus dealerships service departments

But they seem okay, pricy! (110$ an hour) and yeah they are not as nice as sales team but over role they did the job.

• 2 months later...

Wilkie Lexus: I stopped going to their service department after they tried to get me to replace a timing belt that had just been replaced by an independent shop. This was effort to diagnose a noise coming out of the engine (the noise had nothing to do with the timing belt--i would have wasted hundreds of dollars if I had followed their advice).

CP