Bad News...

BlurrySC300

Well guys, i'm afriad that I have some bad news. Last night I was out driving...lost control of my car and ran it off a cliff...car is totalled but at least i'm OK. Really disappointed that I no longer drive a SC300 but am also proud/glad that I did. The car saved my life, if I was in the Mustang I would have surely died.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. I went through the same thing. But used the experience to find an even better SC. I agree, if I was going to have a violent accident, I'd like to be in a zz chasis lexus. They crash excellent. I believe the car saved my life as well. Good luck.

Man... I'm sorry that the car is gone, but at least your ok. Seems like you've only had the car for a short time. Maybe that's good because you didn't have to bond with the sc too much.

No offense or anything, but what exactly happened? Was it raining, did the car oversteer/understeer? I just want to know so we can all prevent this from happening again. I was driving my 86 mercedes in the rain and I accelerated a little to much and the tail slipped right off. I did the counter steering where I would steer all the way to the left when the car was sliding to the right. I managed to only hit a curb with the front wheel and I needed to rebalance it.

sorry to sounds so anal

but when makeing a topic title try and be more specific

like bad news i got in an accident

it leaves the topic pertaining to almost anything

latley members have made detramental to erad sounding topics like

to BOMBSQUAD

leaves alot to learn just to find it is a members name

thanks

Sorry to hear of your accident.

I was in my nearly new (at the time)99 RX300 and got t-boned by a police car in an intersection. His fault. I ended up upside down in the intersection with my seat belt on. Totaled the RX300 but I walked away with out a scratch but with one hell of a stiff neck. God bless Lexus. You going to set another?

Well, I was driving...going too fast and took a corner too hard...there was a bump in the road that I didn't see. I jumped it and when I landed the car went sideways, jumped the side railing and flew like 30 feet down to some trees. Had to hike all the way back up...not fun. Dad is actually being really cool about it. The Police thought that under the circumstances, I should have died...luckily...no scratch on me....kinda weird.

GOOD NEWS!

Dad and I are currently looking for another SC300 5speed! Only bad thing is that we are having little to no success. Hoping to find one that's a dark blue or black...if you know anything or anyone with one with low-mid miles...reasonably priced...and 5 speed..SEND ME A PM!

Thanks for the support guys.

--John

I don't want to sound suicidal, but where is this curve you speak of (I live near Cedar Park <Lakeway area>)... I'd love to give this turn a go around with my 5spd SC (for payback, of course). I've got a spoiler and some aftermarket shocks (which have greaty improved high speed maneuvering).

I can relate to the luxury of crashing in a Lexus: I was driving with my brother in his LS400 (96?) when he decided to run that heavy hunk of metal into three trees and two utility poles in Davenport... even though the airbag didn't go off (GRR!!), I didn't receive a single scratch.

I'm definitely going to get banged up when I TT my SC...

I mourn for your loss,

Reid Sullivan