How To Tell If My Car Has Mark Levinson?

Does anyone know how I tell if my model has Mark Levinson? It doesnt say anywhere on the dash or on the stereo. My model is with DVD Navigation (top model)...

It should say "Mark Levinson". See this post: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=39059. Towards the end of the thread. Since you have IS250AWD, the chances are slim. (but maybe things are different in Canada.) In the US, you have to custom build for IS250 to have Mark Levinson. And, unfortunately that's what I'll probably end up doing.

Does anyone know how I tell if my model has Mark Levinson? It doesnt say anywhere on the dash or on the stereo. My model is with DVD Navigation (top model)...

Does your window sticker say "Mark Levinson"?

• 2 years later...

I've started shopping used IS250 AWD's. I've noticed that many ads list Mark Levinson systems but then when I look at the pictures, the signature is clearly not there. I stopped in at one place and, of course, the guy told me that some of the ML systems didn't have the logo. Is there another easy way to check? Speaker placement? Sound adjustment that can only be done with ML? or is it a known fact, that only the ones with the logo are ML?

Thanks,

I've started shopping used IS250 AWD's. I've noticed that many ads list Mark Levinson systems but then when I look at the pictures, the signature is clearly not there. I stopped in at one place and, of course, the guy told me that some of the ML systems didn't have the logo. Is there another easy way to check? Speaker placement? Sound adjustment that can only be done with ML? or is it a known fact, that only the ones with the logo are ML?

Thanks,

This is what gives used car salesmen a bad name. If it doesn't say it, it doesn't have it.

I know that the regular audio system has a fake speaker in the middle of the dash(under the windshield), you can pry open the cover and there is an empty space inside. It's used for the ML audio.

Or you could just look at the face of the radio...

If it says "Mark Levinson" it has the ML. If it says "Lexus Premium Audio" it does not. Pretty simple.

Thanks for the info. I saw the car listed on autotrader that said it had ML. It didn't have the ML logo. The salesperson said that his paperwork "confirmed" that it did. If you search autotrader for IS350's and search for "Levinson" you'll see many listed with ML but when you look at the pictures, most don't have the logo. I'm going with this forum. ML signature or it isn't ML.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I know that the regular audio system has a fake speaker in the middle of the dash(under the windshield), you can pry open the cover and there is an empty space inside. It's used for the ML audio.

Hey Rookie is this true? Sorry I'm a little late on this forum but my IS was sold to me with ML as well and my radio says nothing at all. I just took the dealers word. But I do have what appears to be a real speaker in the middle of my dash so is that ML? Thanks!!

Hey Rookie is this true? Sorry I'm a little late on this forum but my IS was sold to me with ML as well and my radio says nothing at all. I just took the dealers word. But I do have what appears to be a real speaker in the middle of my dash so is that ML? Thanks!!

Mark Levinson systems say "Mark Levinson" on them. Look at pix of the interior of the car at lexus.com--you'll see it. You said you got it from the dealer--was it new? If so, what does the window sticker say? If it doesn't say "Mark Levinson" you don't have it.

Mark Levinson systems say "Mark Levinson" on them. Look at pix of the interior of the car at lexus.com--you'll see it. You said you got it from the dealer--was it new? If so, what does the window sticker say? If it doesn't say "Mark Levinson" you don't have it.

I bought the car from a Lexus dealer pre-owned. On the front of my stereo/nav it says nothing. Not even lexus premium audio like someone mentioned earlier. Where would the sticker you're referring to be located? I'd like to check that out. It really upsets me that my dealer might have lied to me. Can a dealership tell if they run the VIN? Thank you!!!

I bought the car from a Lexus dealer pre-owned. On the front of my stereo/nav it says nothing. Not even lexus premium audio like someone mentioned earlier. Where would the sticker you're referring to be located? I'd like to check that out. It really upsets me that my dealer might have lied to me. Can a dealership tell if they run the VIN? Thank you!!!

Look at this pix from the lexus website, next to the word "Lexus" below the CD slot. That's the ML logo.

post-42866-1269037424_thumb.jpg

First and last........ If a Lexus has ML and has never been switched with Japanese aftermarket AKA/Fake, Then it will have the Mark Levinson signature on the component. < that is an actual period B)

• 2 months later...

i thought the simplest way to find out is that if you have a built in speaker in the center of the dashboard then it's a mark levinson. the standard system has 13 speakers and the ml system has 14. the 14th being in the center of dash.

LOL!! The speaker grill in the center of the dash is in all the IS models, regardless of whether or not there is an actual speaker under that grill. If there is a speaker under it, then it will have the ML system, and the logo on the head unit will confirm that. Also, if you feed a DVD into the slot and it doesn't play, then it's not an ML system as they also play DVD's. So to sum this up:

1) No logo

2) No speaker under the grill in the center dash

3) No DVD play back

NO MARK LEVINSON system. Sorry they lied to you, misled you, intentionally or unintentionally, you don't have the ML system.

i thought the simplest way to find out is that if you have a built in speaker in the center of the dashboard then it's a mark levinson. the standard system has 13 speakers and the ml system has 14. the 14th being in the center of dash.

Acutally, the simplest way is to look for the "Mark Levinson" name on the dash...