My First Car Was A.....

Rya

My first car was a 1987 Buick Century that belonged to my Dad. My parents figured that I needed a car (I was in college) so that I could get a job. I drove that car until it died. Gray on Gray, I kept it very clean and the body was in great shape but the engine started to have a few issues (100k+ miles). The only accident it was in.... I left my apartment building to go home for Thanksgiving break. I found the driver's side door crunched at the hinge - some stupid boy was backing out of the parking space & his friend had his door open. It caught my car and smooshed in the hinge - I couldn't open the door (a real pain as I was trying to sneak my cat out of the apartment building - pets wern't allowed). The good news was that two people saw it & left notes on my windshield with the make/model/color & LP#. I went to the police. They found the kid, he was sighted for hit-skip & his insurance coverd the damage. Poor Herbie, I was so sad.:cries: It died the night my fiance' bought the Jeep, but it ran enough to get it back to the dealer the next day to be traded in.

my first car was a 1994 Mercedes C280. It was in a color called moonstone, which is a grayish purplish color. It was a gift from my parents as well. I got into one big accident in it when a guy ran a stop sign. It hit me right on the side of my car. The car swirved and making a kinda 180 degree turn and then hit a stop sign. nobody was injured.

The car was a lease so after 5 years, i got an RX300 for myself.

My first car was a 1969 Camaro POS! But I loved that car. I worked on it all the time. And when it ran I was high stylin!!! It was mostly cherry red, with corvette rims on it. 350 with a 4 speed. No a/c, and a boombox wired to the cigarette lighter for tunes.

After I had that car for about a year, I bought a 1973 AMC Hornet for 500 bucks. My cousin and I put the camaro in the garage and completely rebuilt that car into my first hot rod.

:rolleyes:post-42851-1184984442_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184984425_thumb.jpg

The good old days

...1992 Chrysler Minivan. Plain white with the sliding door and everything. I took the rear benches out and filled the back with beanbag chairs.

And picked up a bunch of freinds and went down a bunch of really curvy roads really fast!!!! LOL !! JK! I'm sure they wore their seatbelts. :P

My first car was a 1962 Austin hEALEY sPRITE, hAD IT for 6 months and I went in the navy, Parents asked if they could sell it and use the money for a down payment on a house, I let them and they gave me the money back years later. The car was a blast to drive when it worked, my first step in a long line of British cars that taught me a lot on survival and how to repair cars. Glad it is gone, my second car was a Triumph TR250 ( basically a TR4 with a six cylinder) What a manly car, loved it dearly, spent my life working on it to keep it running.

1987 VW GTI....drove it into the ground by 50k miles, and had a BLAST with it! Talk about a fun pocket-rocket!

1978 Fiat 128 3P

1.3 liters and 61 hp.

The electric radiator fan used to run after the car shut down, would drain the battery so it would not start. I just kept the neg battery cable clamp a little loose. I'd park the car, pop the hood, slip the clamp off the battery. Then slip it back on to start and go.

I had a 90 honda prelude S... it had this weird 4 wheel steering lol... it was a trooper. lasted 230xxx miles b4 i sold it for a s13.... went turbo and never looked back... turbo civic... 3 s13s... and now an aristo!!! next... id like to build a turbo LS460 B)

...1992 Chrysler Minivan. Plain white with the sliding door and everything. I took the rear benches out and filled the back with beanbag chairs.

And picked up a bunch of freinds and went down a bunch of really curvy roads really fast!!!! LOL !! JK! I'm sure they wore their seatbelts. :P

Actually... :whistles:

Actually... :whistles:

So.... you did do this?? Bad.... funy, but bad... :P

Look on the bright side, it's not as dangerous as when my friend put a tarp in the bed of his truck, filled it with water and I hopped in and tried not to die as he drove as recklessly as possible :wacko:

Look on the bright side, it's not as dangerous as when my friend put a tarp in the bed of his truck, filled it with water and I hopped in and tried not to die as he drove as recklessly as possible :wacko:

OMG... are you insane? Was this a crazy teenage stunt & now you're over it?? :blink:

Actually...:whistles:

Yeah, I knew it..... You should have hung water Balloons around in there too. ( Those unsuspecting friends..) ;)

Nooooooo!! No water inside the vehicle.... bad!!

Like this whole bean bag thing started on a good note?......