Accumulator/drier For A/c & Traction Control System Plz Help!

Hello, I've for months been trying to replace my Accumulator AKA Drier/Receiver for my A/c system. I have already completely vacuumed out the R12 at a shop & put new fittings on for R134, all i want to do is replace the accumulator because it looks like it has never ever been done. I've been to over 4 different named auto parts stores, Toyota, & Lexus & their parts are to Long in height & they all said they can't help me! I need one that is no longer than 6 inch's to fit into the bracket (the same size as the one currently in there). As my long journey of searching online has continued I found a pic on eBay of a Accumulator Pump LEXUS SC400 W/ Traction Control that looks exactly like what I have on my car. Link to eBay Item

This is is what i'm trying to replace 92 SC400 Drier/Receiver/Accumulator

Now my question here is:

1. Are there two separate accumulators, one for A/C & one for traction control.

2. Is there one & is it used for both the A/C & Traction Control System, or

3. Is that eBay listing just misleading?

If this is the correct accumulator for the A/C system how do i get it to fit without cutting off the bottom bracket. If it is not the correct accumulator where is the A/C accumulator located in the engine? That accumulators fittings & looks are all exactly the same except for the height. It's amazing how frustrating something so simple can be. I would love to avoid heat exhaustion this month :)

Thank you for any help & replies anyone can give me.

ebay part you are viewing is a brake system component. Lexus shows an a/c receiver dryer assembly as part no 88470-24010. This part is hiding UNDER drivers side headlight assembly. Can also see round cylindrical bottom of the receiver, inboard of drivers side fog light, behind the front bumper.

the accumulator is for the abs. the traction control just closes a butterfly in the throttle body to cut power.

the reciever dryer looks to be the part and it should be available at your lexus dealer.

Yes thank you I can now move forward, it is hiding sneakily under the driver side headlight, now the trick is to maneuver up in there to remove the 2 lines. As for the stealer ship I can get the same exact part at 4 different stores for half price which i did. Thanks for the replies.

I might have to bite the bullet & take it to a shop to test out the system. I have done R134a retrofits in other vehicles before & never have I ever had the valves blow out until now. Compressor kicked on & I felt cold air briefly, was still in low 10 psi then bam shot up to 60psi not sure WTH happened.

• 9 months later...

Update:

I have finally got it fixed 4 days ago. The Schrader valves are replaceable with your standard bike tire valve stems. However if you are doing the retrofit remove the lowside schrader valve! (which means you will have to do a system evac regardless you want to or not) The Low side retrofit fitting has a valve stem already in the fitting & if previous schrader valve is left in place on the stock line means that it will constantly be engaged open, draining all freon even during a charge. I had a leak test performed on it & it seems o-rings were not fitted properly on the reservoir/drier & it was also leaking. Hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem as I was & sure hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me lol.