Water Spots

i just got a new paint job about 3 months ago..and since then i seem to have gotten these immovable water spots, even when i wash my car they are still there...like i can see them right away b4 the car drys...they just wont go away!!

whats the best way to get rid of them??

thanks

Might want to check in over at the detailing section of the forum with this.

Your vehicle will need to be polished to clean up your water spots. Check your area for a true detailer not just someone who waxes cars they can fix your spots in no time. If you were neer me I would tell you to run it over. :cheers:

Might want to check in over at the detailing section of the forum with this.

Your vehicle will need to be polished to clean up your water spots. Check your area for a true detailer not just someone who waxes cars they can fix your spots in no time. If you were neer me I would tell you to run it over.:cheers:

thanks, will do.

A clay bar is supposed to clean all debris off of a finish - even water spots. When I tried it for the first time it was an incredible improvement. The surface turned out as smooth as a baby's butt.

Try a Zaino clay bar. Based on input from several forums, they are the best.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...oduct_Code=Z-18

A clay bar is supposed to clean all debris off of a finish - even water spots. When I tried it for the first time it was an incredible improvement. The surface turned out as smooth as a baby's butt.

thanks...i think ill try that.

Clay bar is a good idea then you can get a polish perhaps locally by say meguires and hand polish those spots out also if the clay doesnt get them out . I though maybe they were all over the car then doing by hand would be work but you could do it.

Clay bar is a good idea then you can get a polish perhaps locally by say meguires and hand polish those spots out also if the clay doesnt get them out . I though maybe they were all over the car then doing by hand would be work but you could do it.

i was wondering if the clay bar would work on bird droppings that somehow got crusted onto my hood and won't go away after repeated washings. very annoying...

Vinegar works with h20: 1 to 1 ratio

unfortunately it was SAP - no garage unfortunately

tried to rub in zymol cleaner wax and looks like its in the paint for good.

other than getting it repainted... which i doubt what else should i try- really bumms me out

i would say go clay bar as well. meguiar's has a great kit! i am biased since i am sponsored but it is easy to use! it'll do the trick!

btw- your ride is awesome carbon gs

so never used clay bar before... even if i think the bird droppings got into the paint a clay bar might work??

yes sir ree bob! lol as long as the bird droppings haven't been left on there for like a year without cleaning. there is a lot of acid in the droppings that'll eat through the clear coats of your paint. clay bar! do it now! lol

yes sir ree bob! lol as long as the bird droppings haven't been left on there for like a year without cleaning. there is a lot of acid in the droppings that'll eat through the clear coats of your paint. clay bar! do it now! lol

last ? carbon gs- where do i purchase the meguiar's clay bar? want to go to store and buy one/ not order thru website

thx for your help my man

last ? carbon gs- where do i purchase the meguiar's clay bar? want to go to store and buy one/ not order thru website

thx for your help my man

most automotive shops like autozone have it. call your nearest location to be sure. u may have to purchase online.

• 4 weeks later...
Vinegar works with h20: 1 to 1 ratio

How would you go about doing this after you have your mixture?...terrycloth towel it on, and terry towel it off?...i have the stained bird droppings from previous owner..trying anything to avoid an estimated $3000 paint job..anyone with advice or product guide please help...thanks