Homelink

ramblnman

I took delivery of an 08 RX350 today. No matter how I struggle and strive trying to

program the Homelink my garage door won't

operate so I have to use the separate remote

that came with the door. I have the same

problem with my wife's 07 Camry. Can anybody tell me what the problem might be?

Lexus has offered to come to my house and

do the programming, but I'd hate for them

to make a 2 hour RT for something that

might be ridiculously simple.

The garage door opener has a "learn" button. You need to press that. And immediately press your HomeLink button 3 times - NOT 2. Let me know if that works. Rest of the process prior to these two steps I list above are as described in the manual

Have you looked in the manual? Your garage door opener may be of a rolling code, which requires a few more steps.

Thanks for your feedback. The Lexus guy just

left my house. It took him 2 minutes to do the

programming.

• 3 weeks later...

programming.

Any idea what he did? Just took delivery on an ES350 and I have followed the procedure in the manual (I do have the learn button) including modifying it several different ways. No luck. It never does the rapid flashing the manual says it will do in the initial step.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well I at least managed to get to the rapid flash mode by using a different remote (both work fine opening and closing the door), but after pressing the "Learn" on the opener and pressing the Homelink button 3 times, it doesn't LEARN. I can see that the opener is receiving data (the flash rate changes) but it doesn't work.

I tried clearing all the codes on the opener end (and on the Lexus end to play it safe) but to avail.

As much as I hate to give in, I may need to have a Lexus person come out and set it up. Arghhh. :cries:

Have you looked in the manual? Your garage door opener may be of a rolling code, which requires a few more steps.

programming.

Hate to be negative on my 1st post, but.....

He came in here for help but yet doesn't want to help other members...What a loser!

programming.

Hate to be negative on my 1st post, but.....

He came in here for help but yet doesn't want to help other members...What a loser!

Not untypical I'm afraid.

The Lexus dealer will get a call today. I have followed instructions to a T but no luck. If the Lexus guy(or girl) does something special I will post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It is really simple. I followed the instructions online. I have a rolling code door opener so I followed the Canadian instructions and now it works great!

http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf

JAson

Thanks for the link I'm a new member and having trouble getting the door opener to work. This sounds like the solution.

andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ramblnman, don't feel bad - seems like we all struggle with this programing the homelink thing, but I did manage to program mine before having to call the dealer. Try following the instructions in the manual - EXCEPT - where it says press the homelink button 2x's Here's the trick - PRESS IT 3X'S IN SUCCESSION! I don't know why, but this worked for me after several frustrating attempts to do it according to the manual. Hope this helps, good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

As previously mentioned, I followed the instructions from all sources but to no avail.

I took the car to the Lexus dealer for a car wash and talked to the sales guy about the problem. He went through different possibilities, I had already tried them all, then talked to the service manager. They decided to pull the car in the garage and run a diagnostic on the Homelink. Seems there is a problem with the transmitter. New transmitter is on order and hopefully that will take care of the problem