Leds

I have the LED's in the garage for the plate!!! LOL! that was going on next week.

I just found 168 and 194 LED fit ins. The have the same housing but convert to LED. I have to take the trunk carpet off the lid to get to the housing though. Seemed like alot of work for when I didn't have anything better to do.

The 168's are 2 bulb, and the 194's are the single bulb. I guess I figured LED has to be brighter than incandecent, but you may have a point. I thought 4 bulb would be way to bright though.

The 168's are 2 bulb, and the 194's are the single bulb. I guess I figured LED has to be brighter than incandecent, but you may have a point. I thought 4 bulb would be way to bright though.

Nope, Well I think it's just perfect, like in the IS250/350 and the LS and GS.. See I havent seen a single LED blue bulb on a plate light so I have noooo idea if one's bright enough... But I tried some blue coated regular bulbs, and they are HORRIBLE (well obviously cuz it's not LED) but yea for those who are thinking about it, think twice.......

DSC01575.jpg

I think we've hijacked this thread, :o

I'll start a new one for LED's because I actually have alot more I wanted to discuss.

I have been looking into LED's for the dash to change it from Amber to white. I see the speedo looks easy enouph, But I haven't found the right LED's yet to do them all. I have already changed the dome light to LED. ( That really looks good!)

Ok pictures are kinda bad, but this is how the 4 bulb LEDs look like (so just imagine the single bulb!)

2DSC01645.jpg

The stock ones actually light up more area than the LEDs!

2DSC01646.jpg

The difference

2DSC01644.jpg

Okay, I'll go and get the 4 bulb.

BTW, Looks great!! Way better than the blue bulb thing you had.

Did you say you saw 6 and 12 bulb also? where did you see those?

Okay, I'll go and get the 4 bulb.

BTW, Looks great!! Way better than the blue bulb thing you had.

Did you say you saw 6 and 12 bulb also? where did you see those?

The blue coated halogen bulbs were an experiment.... Just wanted to prove to myself that they're crap....

Well my friend with that red 4Runner told me to get them off of superbrightleds.com and that's where HE saw that there's an option for 6 bulbs and 12 bulbs, but he believes that it'll be impossible to make the 12 bulbs fit cuz that'll be a little too big for the space given MAYBE.... :blink:

B) Okay, I just ordered the 6 bulb LED's for the plate, and a Festoon base LED 12 bulb plate for the dome light conversion. I also went ahead and got the 6 bulb festoons for the map lights and a 2 bulb for the glove box.

Now to look into the dash lights. Iv'e heard alot of stories about LED burnout in dash light conversions. I gues you have to have the right load resistor with certian colors or they just burn out. I want to go with white LED's for the dash and AC controls. So I guess I'll have to keep asking around. I wish there were some people who have already done this so I can find out what glitches there are along the way if any. I really don't wanna have to rip the dash out more than once if I can at all help it.

Thanks for the tips Denslexusgx470. I would have put the LED's I have on and just suffered. Although I have to admit that I really don't care if the police can read my tag at night or not. I mean that is the only reason for the tag light anyway, right? But on the other hand I agree with you that the 4 bulb or more LED looks way cool !!

B) Okay, I just ordered the 6 bulb LED's for the plate, and a Festoon base LED 12 bulb plate for the dome light conversion. I also went ahead and got the 6 bulb festoons for the map lights and a 2 bulb for the glove box.

Now to look into the dash lights. Iv'e heard alot of stories about LED burnout in dash light conversions. I gues you have to have the right load resistor with certian colors or they just burn out. I want to go with white LED's for the dash and AC controls. So I guess I'll have to keep asking around. I wish there were some people who have already done this so I can find out what glitches there are along the way if any. I really don't wanna have to rip the dash out more than once if I can at all help it.

Thanks for the tips Denslexusgx470. I would have put the LED's I have on and just suffered. Although I have to admit that I really don't care if the police can read my tag at night or not. I mean that is the only reason for the tag light anyway, right? But on the other hand I agree with you that the 4 bulb or more LED looks way cool !!

Glad I was able to help! ;)

Just call me Den or Denny :D

And last but not least, here's a link to Sylvania's bulb guide, it doesn't have any LED bulbs but it gives you an idea about the bulb sizes of ANY car for future reference, but I'm not sure if it has the bulb size for the dash lights and A/C controls though... :blink:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...eplacementGuide

alright, the LED's all came in. The 6 bulb just barely fits into the housings for the plate light. Looks awsome!! I have 6500K HID headlights which are mostly white with a slight purple, These LED's look like a match now!!! I also got the universal LED for the dome light. It's a flat piece of plastic with 12 LED's mounted in it and comes with different plug endings to fit whatever application you need. WOW is that much better!!!!!! They sell even bigger ones, I think I might get a larger one and transfer this one to the map light, and put an even bigger one in the dome. The LED light looks soooooooooooo good on the black leather at night. My wife noticed right away. So I'll get the trunk light to now and all the accessory lighting will be LED on the IS now. Very cool.So now I really want to do the dash.

alright, the LED's all came in. The 6 bulb just barely fits into the housings for the plate light. Looks awsome!! I have 6500K HID headlights which are mostly white with a slight purple, These LED's look like a match now!!! I also got the universal LED for the dome light. It's a flat piece of plastic with 12 LED's mounted in it and comes with different plug endings to fit whatever application you need. WOW is that much better!!!!!! They sell even bigger ones, I think I might get a larger one and transfer this one to the map light, and put an even bigger one in the dome. The LED light looks soooooooooooo good on the black leather at night. My wife noticed right away. So I'll get the trunk light to now and all the accessory lighting will be LED on the IS now. Very cool.So now I really want to do the dash.

haha! looks like LEDs can easily satisfy any car fanatic nowadays! lol.. I'm gonna go look for these bulbs in the Philippines cuz I'll be vacationing there for a month starting tomorrow.. so hopefully I can find some nice stuffs to bring back.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Are you talking about the interior light or the headlight?

the headlight... theirs a bulb that is on when the headlights are on in the same capsule. looks like a 168 bulb.. its yellow color and just dont look good with the blue projector headlamps.

the headlight... theirs a bulb that is on when the headlights are on in the same capsule. looks like a 168 bulb.. its yellow color and just dont look good with the blue projector headlamps.

Yeah, okay, I would get the 4 bulb for that. They have all the colors. If you have blue projectors then the blue LED's would look nice, but be careful, they might be tooo blue. I know here in Florida they cracked down an all that and it's against the law to be considered more blue than white. So maybe the white LED's would be a better choice?

Anyway, yes they have 168 LED's there.

Yeah, okay, I would get the 4 bulb for that. They have all the colors. If you have blue projectors then the blue LED's would look nice, but be careful, they might be tooo blue. I know here in Florida they cracked down an all that and it's against the law to be considered more blue than white. So maybe the white LED's would be a better choice?

Anyway, yes they have 168 LED's there.

Thanks S M O O T H 1 ........

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I picked up some 4 bulb WHITE LEDs... I decided the blue ones were tooo blue, but I think these are close enouh to the IS250/350, LS460, and GS350/430/450H

(They're on my CRV, our plates are longer so the bulbs are more spread out, so that means that the bulbs arent as bright as they should be )

Before (well during the process)

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

After

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

:cheers:

Hey Denny, don't they sell licsence plate frames that fit over there? :lol:

The LED's look great. I have pics also but there is a pic uploading problem with the website.......Hey, how did you upload a pic?

Yea I do have the frame from the Honda dealer I got the car from, but i wanted to be a little fancy, and wanted to be the opposite (and ive seen it on another car before) so I decided to fit our small !Removed! frames on top of our loong license plates. :) Plus if you didn't notice, the CRVs over here are DIFFERENT than the USA CRVs, the license plates in the U.S. have the plates higher, not on the bumper. lol.

I uploaded my pix to photobucket then just use the URL feature here and insert the URL of the image. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: notice where the liscence plate is???? Did you look at the photo's you uploaded? They are almost solid black with two tail lights and a lit licsence plate.... :lol::lol::lol:

well if I had lighted up the background, then it might be hard to see the LEDs with the camera.. :P

If you know your cars right, and know that this is a 1998 CRV, then you should wonder why the license plate is THAT low... hahaha :lol::lol:

yeah, well, you know, the 97 and 98 look so much alike, sometimes I get them confused with the 64 Woody and the 72 AMC Hornet. LOL!!!

And besides, I guess I couldn't get passed the 800 lbs. dude wearing the B-cup bikini top. :huh: