Window Tint For Lexus Is

I was interested in getting a window tint on my 2007 Lexus IS 250. I feel it will make the car look very nice. I am wondering if you need a certain kind of tint in order to avoid interfering with the navigation signal, and the comfort access [key]... Let me know if you need a certain type of tint?

Thanks.

p.s. if you have any pictures of a tint send please

I don't think so. I got my IS tinted at 35% and NAV and key works perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend tinting your IS. I have a black IS and the tint takes the entire car up a notch!

wow man thanks so much... i have a black one as well... can you please send me a picture because i am trying to see if 35% is enough.

thanks

i don't have a pic and i'm not sure you should trust a pic of tint. I would ask the tint company to show you an example of the 35% tint (they should have an example piece of glass with 35%. 25% is NOT enough. and above 35% is really dark (and might be illegal in your state). Personally, I have found 35% to be the best percentage.

I have a question for you. Do you have NAV? If so, can you play DVDs on it? I have posted a question about my DVD not working......I'm not sure if my IS has the ability to play it...I thought it did, but it's not recognizing that it's a DVD. It thinks it's a CD. I get "CD Check". Any suggestions?

i don't have a pic and i'm not sure you should trust a pic of tint. I would ask the tint company to show you an example of the 35% tint (they should have an example piece of glass with 35%. 25% is NOT enough. and above 35% is really dark (and might be illegal in your state). Personally, I have found 35% to be the best percentage.

I have a question for you. Do you have NAV? If so, can you play DVDs on it? I have posted a question about my DVD not working......I'm not sure if my IS has the ability to play it...I thought it did, but it's not recognizing that it's a DVD. It thinks it's a CD. I get "CD Check". Any suggestions?

O well if you dont have the special Mark Levingson [something like that] package then you cant play dvds... its only for the lexus is 350 with the luxury package.

Ya o and about the tint doesnt it get darker the smaller the number gets like 70 being hte lightest, and 5 being the darkest? Im wondering if 35 is dark enough in your opinion?

thanks

I don't think so. I got my IS tinted at 35% and NAV and key works perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend tinting your IS. I have a black IS and the tint takes the entire car up a notch!

wow man thanks so much... i have a black one as well... can you please send me a picture because i am trying to see if 35% is enough.

thanks

I gotta agreed with Rcace, 35% is the way to go. I was about tint my is250 all around include both front windows, but saving up to pay for the loan. Call around to your local tint shop, they shouold be charging roughly $260 or higher. If less, Wooow wat a deal... Good Luck

thanks

I gotta agreed with Rcace, 35% is the way to go. I was about tint my is250 all around include both front windows, but saving up to pay for the loan. Call around to your local tint shop, they shouold be charging roughly $260 or higher. If less, Wooow wat a deal... Good Luck

O wow 260 thats so expensive. I found this place that does it for 170, and i said wow what a great deal, i end up finding another great deal for 145... I might do the 170 place just because two of my friends went there and both of their cars werent damaged.

look into ceramic tints like Huper Optic tints. i got mine at 50 percent and you can't tell its tinted from the inside and looks light medium from the outside. i even tinted the front and they sure reduce the amount of heat you get from the sun.

• 14 years later...