Alternator, Ps Pump, Pulley?

I've been having a problem of whenever I start my car my power steering hasn't been working. Along with this my battery light comes on. After a few seconds it starts to work again and the light goes away. Also, if I start my car with the air conditioner on the air conditioner light flashes. There has only been a problem when I started the car until recently when I was in line at a drive-thru and my power steering wasn't working and the battery light was on. I revved the engine and it was working again. I checked the power steering fluid level and it was fine. I talked to a friend about it and he suggested a crank pulley because I haven't noticed a power steering fluid leak and I just changed the serpentine belt. Either the pulleys not pulling it fast enough or the belt has too much slack in it. This would make sense as to why they both have problems at the same time, but work the rest of the time. This would also be the reason the a/s light blinks when I start the car. If it was just the alternator, could that be causing problems in my power steering? I played with the car a little last night and did the pos. disconnect test and it died immediately. Also, I never had a problem with the power steering unless the A/C was also on. This has lead me to believe it is the alternator, but I do not really know if just the alternator going out can cause these problems. If it is the tensioner or the pulley, why would the power steering work fine when the A/C was off.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Why did you change the serpintine belt? The alternator shouldn't have anything to do with the power steering. I had a similar problem with a Honda last year. The pulley on the harmonic balancer was shot. To be more specific, the rubber mounting deteriorated and the pulley was spinning on the balancer. PITA to change. Another possibility is the tensioner is shot. Let us know.