Is300 Key Programming Problem

skiba

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2001 is300 Lexus some weeks ago and I have noticed I only got the Valet key with the car. I decided to go on Ebay and buy a regular key with remote on it and I was able to active it meaning that I am now able to open my doors & trunk with the remote form the key but I cannot start the car with it. I tried many ways to program the key but I wasn't successfully and I still need my Valet key to start my engine.

Is anyone aware of the right way of programming the key since I don't want to pas 1500$ to get new keys like I have been told from the dealer ?

Thank you for your precious time !

Or if you have the owner manual with the code for the master key, you can go to the dealership and they can chip the key. See, there is a computer chip in the key. If the code on the key doesn't match the code in the ECU, it won't start. all you did so far was program the remote buttons on the key.

• 1 month later...
Or if you have the owner manual with the code for the master key, you can go to the dealership and they can chip the key. See, there is a computer chip in the key. If the code on the key doesn't match the code in the ECU, it won't start. all you did so far was program the remote buttons on the key.

Where in the owner's manual is the code? I only got a valet key with my 04 and am a little confused as to how to proceed to have a remote key that opens the car and starts it. Also, I don't see the green "security light" on when I turn off the car. Is is possible that the alarm is not working, or has been bypassed somehow?

When you have time can you lay out how to proceed with getting a remote key that does what a factory remote key would do and how this works with the alarm and green "security light". I have 11 months left on my standard warrantee. Can I get his done under warrantee? I only have the "sub" or valet key.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
I answered this post in thread you started regarding this issue.

Where is this answer-not clear on where you answered?

I have one master/remote and am looking for the least expensive way to duplicate and have 2 masters.

Lexus wants 250$ I can get the programing done for free.

Seem's like buying an uncut on ebay and having a local locksmith cut is the best way to go.

I answered this post in thread you started regarding this issue.

I'm cool. Went here and got a transponder/remote key for $79

http://www.ikeyless.com/index.php

Will get it cut at locksmith, or dealership. My tech buddy at Lexus will program, though the seller says they

will help with programming.

Seems like a good deal. Anyone-can these keys be had for less than 75-80$

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Can you email me or post the steps to re-program the key? ronyatkins@yahoo.com

For some reason after I changed the battery to my original key it is not automatically opening the doors and the trunk but I'm able to start the car as usual.

I really appreciate your help and time.

RA

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2001 is300 Lexus some weeks ago and I have noticed I only got the Valet key with the car. I decided to go on Ebay and buy a regular key with remote on it and I was able to active it meaning that I am now able to open my doors & trunk with the remote form the key but I cannot start the car with it. I tried many ways to program the key but I wasn't successfully and I still need my Valet key to start my engine.

Is anyone aware of the right way of programming the key since I don't want to pas 1500$ to get new keys like I have been told from the dealer ?

Thank you for your precious time !