How Do You Reset / Reboot The Radio?

I would like to reboot my radio, a hard reboot - I guess maybe what I want is to reset it, as turning the car on and off does not get it to the proper state.

It's acting up - no sound from cds nor dvds, however I get video on the dvds. Is there anything I can do to reset it fresh, so maybe I can start to listen to my music and movies again?

FM works but not the cds or dvds.

:chairshot:

Should I disconnect the battery for five minutes? Is there anything else one might suggest I do?

I have posted in a few similar and related threads but I guess I need to rephrase what it is I want to do, hence this thread.

TIA

I would like to reboot my radio, a hard reboot - I guess maybe what I want is to reset it, as turning the car on and off does not get it to the proper state.

It's acting up - no sound from cds nor dvds, however I get video on the dvds. Is there anything I can do to reset it fresh, so maybe I can start to listen to my music and movies again?

FM works but not the cds or dvds.

:chairshot:

Should I disconnect the battery for five minutes? Is there anything else one might suggest I do?

I have posted in a few similar and related threads but I guess I need to rephrase what it is I want to do, hence this thread.

TIA

I've done a "reset" several times by disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes. It's a pretty painless process and certainly worth the effort to troubleshoot your problem. Just disconnect the negative terminal.

• Like 1

Well I disconnected the battery, had to reset three of the windows by putting them up and down three times or so from each seat, but alas the radio still does not play cds or sound on the dvds. I get video but no sound. And no sound on cds.

The radio did not loose its preset stations, I figured it would. So I still think there's probably some reset thats available aside from disconnecting the battery. If anyone knows, PLEASE chime in.

• 3 months later...
Well I disconnected the battery, had to reset three of the windows by putting them up and down three times or so from each seat, but alas the radio still does not play cds or sound on the dvds. I get video but no sound. And no sound on cds.

The radio did not loose its preset stations, I figured it would. So I still think there's probably some reset thats available aside from disconnecting the battery. If anyone knows, PLEASE chime in.

Did you ever find a remedy for your cd playing issues? The cd player in my GS350 is now doing the same thing.

Any insight would be great.

• 5 months later...

my 08 gs 460 does the same thing. it happened right after i installed the xm radio. is this when everyone else problem came about. i disconnected battery, went in and cleared the faults but still nothing any help is greatly appreciated.

• 15 years later...

Replace the battery in your key fob and it will fix the radio. If the key fob battery is low, the radio will not turn on or off at all. Sometimes your screen for your navigation will be blacked out too but replace the batteries with good batteries too not cheap ones. Otherwise you’ll have the same problem. This is what I found Work.