Do You Like Your Gx....any Issues To Share?

I have (almost) decided to trade in my 2005 ES for a GX after wrestling with the transmission issue for a year. I own a 97 LX 450 and have owned a ES 300 (which I recently sold) and am really happy with the overall performance. However, the 2005 ES 330 is a real disappointment.....can't believe that Lexus would leave this issue unattended from 02 till 07. I did not do my research before buying this car....trusted Lexus. Well, I don't want to repeat the same mistake. So, how do you guys like your GX. Any issues that I should watch for? I am leaning towards a 04 or a 05.

Thanks.

There have been some issues in the GX, but all of them so far have a fix to them.. ;)

So good luck with your GX search and you will enjoy this vehicle if you decide to buy one. :)

The clunk is the most wide spread issue on the GX, other than that, most other problems are isolated. When shopping for the 04 or 05 GX, keep in mind that the 05 have added 35 horespower.

Thanks for both of the responses.

The clunk is the most wide spread issue on the GX, other than that, most other problems are isolated. When shopping for the 04 or 05 GX, keep in mind that the 05 have added 35 horespower.

Good to know about the added horses. Does 05 take premium only or can regular (or plus) be used without a significant loss of performance or mileage? Is it true that KDSS is rare of a feature on GXs? Which package type includes KDSS?

Thanks.

Premium is recommanded for best performanace for the 05, but not required, you can use regular, there is not really a lot of diff. in performance if you are not towing. KDSS comes with the sports package which is rare, KDSS is also a standard alone option, but its even harder to find.

We had a 02 ML320 decked out and bought our 07 GX470 from Sterling McCall Lexus on 59 in Houston. We love the car and are very impressed with the quality and comfort of the Lexus. I just wish it had HID's like the our ML and Parktronic... cool feature as well.

I took delivery of my 2004 GX on 10/1/2004, and I have had no problems with it at all. None. I take it in for oil changes and tire rotation, and I've had the 15,000 mile service done, but that's it. Some others with 04/05 models have had that "clunk" thing come up, but I have not encountered it in mine. I've owned lots of cars before...from corvettes to Hondas to Cadillacs, and have never had a vehicle as trouble free as my Lexus has been.

• 9 months later...