Interior Color Options W/ Breakwater Blue

Hello Everyone,

I've been following this forum for several months now and am getting closer to getting my IS. I plan on getting a 350 in Breakwater Blue. I thinks it looks really slick w/ dark window tint. Does anyone have or has anyone seen this car w/ the Black interior? You can build it on Lexus.com w/ the black but all I have ever seen is cars w/ the light grey. Does anyone have this color combination or a picture of it?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I've been following this forum for several months now and am getting closer to getting my IS. I plan on getting a 350 in Breakwater Blue. I thinks it looks really slick w/ dark window tint. Does anyone have or has anyone seen this car w/ the Black interior? You can build it on Lexus.com w/ the black but all I have ever seen is cars w/ the light grey. Does anyone have this color combination or a picture of it?

Thanks

Do a search on eBay motors or cars.com--you will find one if you do a large enough search.

I know a lot of ppl here like black but I always liked light color interior. For some reason, black interior doesn't have the luxury feel. If I were to get Breakwater Blue, the interior would be gray leather with the metallic trim. Just my opinion ;) Oh.. yes, tint the windows too!

By the way, I see you are in Portland. Just for curiosity, where are you planning to buy the car from?

I know people who think the gray interior is classy, but I've never been a big fan. However, with Breakwater Blue, the gray is actually quite fitting, so I might be swayed towards that combination.

EDIT -- I think the IS in this picture has a black interior, if that helps. It's the only one I could find...

http://www.mikeliebner.com/graphics/IMG_6995b_800.jpg

I know people who think the gray interior is classy, but I've never been a big fan. However, with Breakwater Blue, the gray is actually quite fitting, so I might be swayed towards that combination.

EDIT -- I think the IS in this picture has a black interior, if that helps. It's the only one I could find...

http://www.mikeliebner.com/graphics/IMG_6995b_800.jpg

I wanted Breakwater/Cashmere, but it would have had to be special ordered with the Lux Pkg. After 4 weeks, they were able to locate a Tungten/Sterling. I spent the next 5 days scouring the internet for pix of Sterling. Each one I found looked like the gray was almost white, and I almost made the dlr snap photos and email them. In the end--I love the Sterling interior, and if I could have obtained a Breakwater, I may have opted for the Sterling instead of Cahsmere.

But--ask 3 people and you'll get 3 different answers.

I bought my car here in southern california, and breakwater blue w/ black interior was my first choice..however I was told that those color combos are not available in most parts of the US. So I assume most of us have never seen one...as for me, I will have nothing but black leather so I settled for good ole silver. :(

It's funny how everyone has a different preference. I don't like dark colored interiors. For some reason the Breakwater/Sterling combo didn't appeal to me. I had to search for the Breakwater/Cashmere combo. I was told there was only one on the west coast and that combination was not very popular. Luckily the dealer that had the colors I wanted also offered the best price. I'm not sure about the black and sterling option but the cashmere has a black dash and upper doors.

post-44625-1184737500_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737519_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737531_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737648_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737657_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737669_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737711_thumb.jpg

post-44625-1184737722_thumb.jpg

It's funny how everyone has a different preference. I don't like dark colored interiors. For some reason the Breakwater/Sterling combo didn't appeal to me. I had to search for the Breakwater/Cashmere combo. I was told there was only one on the west coast and that combination was not very popular. Luckily the dealer that had the colors I wanted also offered the best price. I'm not sure about the black and sterling option but the cashmere has a black dash and upper doors.

Looks great. I had multiple dealers trying to find that combo PLUS Lux Pkg in PA/NJ/DE. They couldn't do it--the only 2 they found were spoken for by special order.

I think I will end up getting the Blue with the Sterling interior. It does seem next to impossible to find the black leather and so i'm sure if a dealer got his hands on one of those they'd be less likely to give me a good deal than on a more common combination.

What is everyone's opinion on the Sterling leather w/ the Metallic trim vs. the Wood trim? The metallic trim is nice but my last car was a Mazda6 and it had a very similar trim. Although I don't mind the metallic look, I think the wood accent seems classier.

Meesha - If I buy a new car I'll probably get it from Lexus of Portland. That is the only Lexus dealership in the area. If I end up getting a used one then I may expand my search a bit even if I have to drive a few hrs to bring it home.

We have the Breakwater blue with the light grey. It's nice. Plus we have 18% tint all around. My wife thought it would be too dark, but the light interior actually makes it seem just fine. And it looks great!

Good luck!

Hi,

Before you get the Breakwater Blue w/the gray: Just bought my IS 250 2 days ago, and I also thought I wanted this color combo. However, the side window tint makes the gray look more beige and I didn't care for this with the Blue when you're looking at the car from outside. Also, if you're inside the car and looking at the sideview mirror, you see the gray window post right up next to the blue paint on the mirror. This also struck me as unappealing. Just my own color sensitivity, but you might want to think about it. I also asked about the black interior with the Breakwater Blue and was told that combo isn't available. I ended up with the Tungsgten Peal and the grey interior and am very, very happy withi it.

--Roobin

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

However, the side window tint makes the gray look more beige and I didn't care for this with the Blue when you're looking at the car from outside. Also, if you're inside the car and looking at the sideview mirror, you see the gray window post right up next to the blue paint on the mirror. This also struck me as unappealing. Just my own color sensitivity, but you might want to think about it. I also asked about the black interior with the Breakwater Blue and was told that combo isn't available. I ended up with the Tungsgten Peal and the grey interior and am very, very happy withi it.

--Roobin

Why don't you have the same complaints w/the the gray interior with Tungsten? I would think that the tint making the gray look more like beige would be a bigger issue with a silver exterior. [i note that Tungsten/Sterling is my color combo, and I think it's great]

• 1 month later...
However, the side window tint makes the gray look more beige and I didn't care for this with the Blue when you're looking at the car from outside. Also, if you're inside the car and looking at the sideview mirror, you see the gray window post right up next to the blue paint on the mirror. This also struck me as unappealing. Just my own color sensitivity, but you might want to think about it. I also asked about the black interior with the Breakwater Blue and was told that combo isn't available. I ended up with the Tungsgten Peal and the grey interior and am very, very happy withi it.

--Roobin

Why don't you have the same complaints w/the the gray interior with Tungsten? I would think that the tint making the gray look more like beige would be a bigger issue with a silver exterior. [i note that Tungsten/Sterling is my color combo, and I think it's great]

Hi all,

New to the forum. Just bought a used IS 250 AWD at Carmax here in Northern Virgina. It is has the Breakwater Blue/ Black Interior color combination. If anyone is still interested, I can post pics.

Cheers,