Are There Any Other Smart Key Options?

Rashida

So, I bought a 2004 Lexus LS430 on Wednesday.... Unbeknownst to me, the key that I was given at the time of sale was only the valet or subset key. I cannot use this key to open any other door, pop the trunk remotely, or take advantage of the handy dandy smart key feature (have to put the key in the ignition). Aside from taking out a small loan to have a new key created, are there any other options (i.e., do it yourself key programming after you purchase the key for a mere $150 bucks)? So far, the dealership has told me that I need to reprogram the entire ECU to get a new smart master key. Please help!

Your timing is impeccable. :cheers: I have the same question, but for a different reason.

I have the master keys, but would like copies for other family members. The dealer quoted me $230 for the key and $70 for the programming. We have two keys for four drivers.

Thinking $300 was a bit much for extra keys, I thanked them and left.

Alternatives and a list of options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maybe the next post will have the answer, and not another question.

So, I bought a 2004 Lexus LS430 on Wednesday.... Unbeknownst to me, the key that I was given at the time of sale was only the valet or subset key. I cannot use this key to open any other door, pop the trunk remotely, or take advantage of the handy dandy smart key feature (have to put the key in the ignition). Aside from taking out a small loan to have a new key created, are there any other options (i.e., do it yourself key programming after you purchase the key for a mere $150 bucks)? So far, the dealership has told me that I need to reprogram the entire ECU to get a new smart master key. Please help!

Try ohiovalleylocksmith@comcast.net