Starfire Pearl Vs Glacier Frost Mica

Which color looks better on IS350/250?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which color looks better on IS350/250?

• Starfire Pearl
    • Glacier Frost Mica

I always like white on this car and now I am picking between these 2 colors: Starfire Pearl or Glacier Frost Mica.

Starfire Pearl is white with pearl effect and Glacier Frost Mica is white with blue tint to it. That is my guess...

What's your thought?

Why do people buy Glacier Frost Mica over Starfire Pearl ? or vice versa?

If you have some photos with two cars side by side, I'd love to see it too.

I'm asking because I have not yet to see Glacier Frost Mica in person because the dealership doesn't have one in their inventory. I saw Starfire Pearl and I liked it. But I don't want to regret later if I see the other color in person and I like it better.

Both are awesome colors but I suggest seeing them in person in vairous lights before deciding.

I've seen the Glacier Frost Mica pass by me on a shady road and it went from blueish white to pink as it passed by.

Some people claim to not see the pink in it, but others do.

If you're okay with that... go for it.

Both look very nice but I like the Starfire Pearl a little more for that reason alone.

I wish I can see the color in person!! But unfortunately we have only one Lexus dealer here in Portland and they don't have the color to show :(

Anyone got pictures of both? Please post. Thanks!!

I wish I can see the color in person!! But unfortunately we have only one Lexus dealer here in Portland and they don't have the color to show :(

Go to LEXUS.COM and look at the colors on there site... better than not seeing at all hey?

Go to LEXUS.COM and look at the colors on there site... better than not seeing at all hey?

This will not do it justice--I don't think you want to buy one in that color solely based on the (airbrushed) pix on Lexus.com

• 1 month later...
Glacier Frost Mica was my ultimate color choice...couldn't find it...I ended up getting the Starfire Pearl...beautiful, yes, but...not as unique...then again...I'm a weirdo :whistles:

oh well, look at it this way: if you're ever unfortunate enough to get hit by someone and you need to do some touch up painting, i think that the Starfire will be easier for the paint shop to blend the pearl than with the Glacier Frost. then again, pearl paints are hard to match regardless... i just figure the Starfire with silver pearl will be easier than the Glacier frost. but who knows... i'm not a paint expert.

I decided on a completely different color, Matador Red :)

Towards the end, it was between Sapphire Pearl and Matador Red. Once I saw Glacier Frost in person, I didn't like it right away. My friend thought it was an odd color too.

very pretty color that matador red...excellent choice, my husband wanted to get it but I do drive a bit over the speed limit (not much :P ) but enough to get me noticed :D

and yes, I didn't even think about color matching...it would definately be easier to cover up little blemishes withe the starfire pearl...Thank you ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I always like white on this car and now I am picking between these 2 colors: Starfire Pearl or Glacier Frost Mica.

Starfire Pearl is white with pearl effect and Glacier Frost Mica is white with blue tint to it. That is my guess...

What's your thought?

I'm asking because I have not yet to see Glacier Frost Mica in person because the dealership doesn't have one in their inventory. I saw Starfire Pearl and I liked it. But I don't want to regret later if I see the other color in person and I like it better.

Glacier Frost Mica is the better and rarest color. Before i got my IS 350 i had seen one with the GFM. So i thought it was perl white. When i went to the dealer they had one in their lot and i found out it was the GFM, way better color then the pearl. Most people would like the pearl because the GFM is rare and not everyone is fortunate to get it. GFM all the way. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I bought the STARFIRE PEARL. Trust me, I was wowed by the GFM at first glance as well... but the more you look at it, the more it just doesn't quite scream luxury. It becomes like some crazy, not classy, paint job people use to get on their Integras during the "Fast and the Furious" stage. I guess if that's what you're going for, then get the GFM.

Also, I think the initial attraction is at night time, the blue iridescent shimmer just looks different and unique. But that's only focusing on the paint itself. If you took a step back and look at the car as a whole, the GFM is a really odd color and honestly looks like *BLEEP* in the day time. You can't tell if it's like a muddy white, gray, or silver. It also clashes with flat silver rims or the chrome rims. If it was so popular, why is it so rare? I think people view it as a fad color.

Starfire Pearl on the other hand, still has an iridescent shimmery glow to it in day time or night time. And will never go out of style. I would stick to a classic color, not just get the GFM because it's different. If i didn't get the starfire pearl, I probably would have gone with the Obsidian. It's a Lexus, not an RSX. Stick with the classics.

What's your thought?

Glacier Frost Mica is the better and rarest color. Before i got my IS 350 i had seen one with the GFM. So i thought it was perl white. When i went to the dealer they had one in their lot and i found out it was the GFM, way better color then the pearl. Most people would like the pearl because the GFM is rare and not everyone is fortunate to get it. GFM all the way. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I think glacier frost mica is way better. There is one driving around my neighborhood and I always thought it was like a deep rich pearl white. In comparison, the starfire kind of looks like a flat base white, nothing special, just a white car, dime a dozen, whereas the glacier frost looks like a more expensive and rare paint. Just my opinion.

I think glacier frost mica is way better. There is one driving around my neighborhood and I always thought it was like a deep rich pearl white. In comparison, the starfire kind of looks like a flat base white, nothing special, just a white car, dime a dozen, whereas the glacier frost looks like a more expensive and rare paint. Just my opinion.

If you like the color of primer.... :)

Let me put it this way. There's a reason why its rare. Lexus figures out real quick in a model run what colors people like and what they don't, and all but can the colors that get the snub from consumers. Glacier Frost is one of those colors, as is Moon Shell Mica on the ES350 (Mary Kay lol). There was a color called starlight pearl on the 02 ES that was like a weird powder blue. I've probably seen two of them ever.

Thats not to say those who like GFM are weird, taste is very individual but the reason the color is rare is that it doesn't appeal to a wide variety of consumers therefore Lexus produces very few of them.

The Lease on my BMW is over in Jan 08. I'm deciding between a glacier frost IS 350 with nav, or a base model IS-F depending on how easy those will be available when they hit the dealerships. I want to stay under 50k. I'm also thinking of the new Audi A5 which will debut somewhere in the spring time of 08. I should have been a proud owner of an IS 350 back in late 2005 but nobody could get the color combo I wanted back then (starfire or glacier with black interior nav package which ever came first) and I got sick of waiting and signed a 2 year lease on a fully loaded white bmw 325 w/sports package which turned out to be a semi fun car. Any suggestions out there as to what I should get? I'm probably leaning towards an IS 350 and this time around I'll be open to a grey interior as well as black, i'm bored of tan interior for now since that is what my bmw has. Any suggestions?

Let me put it this way. There's a reason why its rare. Lexus figures out real quick in a model run what colors people like and what they don't, and all but can the colors that get the snub from consumers. Glacier Frost is one of those colors, as is Moon Shell Mica on the ES350 (Mary Kay lol). There was a color called starlight pearl on the 02 ES that was like a weird powder blue. I've probably seen two of them ever.

Thats not to say those who like GFM are weird, taste is very individual but the reason the color is rare is that it doesn't appeal to a wide variety of consumers therefore Lexus produces very few of them.

Of course Pink and Powder blue would only appeal to very few people. I don't think that is the case with glacier frost mica. I think many people simply just don't know enough about it. Maybe they should have named it "white glacier frost". Glacier frost mica is appealing and probably a better alternative to the common starfire pearl. When people think of white, they most commonly say they want a white or a pearl white so the salesman automatically assumes they want the starfire pearl and don't go out of their way to show them the glacier frost or perhaps there isn't one in the dealer for a fair comparison of the two colors and perhaps they don't want to complicate the sale, and just leave it at that. I didn't know how nice glacier frost was until I saw an IS driving around with it. I'd bet that more than a handful of people who bought starfire probably slapped themselves on the forehead after seeing glacier frost.

They don't make many of the Glacier Frost Mica cars. The reason for that is the focus groups and early feedback showed the color was not widely marketable. It doesn't have anything to do with the salesman.