Tires

flopster63

<_< I have a 2004 RX330 that I bought used. It's time for new tires. My trusty mechanic told me that new tires will run me around $1100. That seems steep to me...awfully steep. Is that a reasonable price to pay for 4 tires? I believe he said Michelin or Goodyear. I'm not sure of the tire name, but the size is

225/65/R17.

I've done some preliminary research, but I haven't found any tires that are this expensive. Am I being ripped off?

Thanks!

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $1100 is way too steep for new rubber for your RX330. Certainly shop around at Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club to see what they have in the size you need. Also shop Tire Rack (tirerack.com) and Discount Tire (discounttire.com). Since you have the 17" wheels, you should get out the door for far less!!! Good luck in your search.

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $1100 is way too steep for new rubber for your RX330. Certainly shop around at Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club to see what they have in the size you need. Also shop Tire Rack (tirerack.com) and Discount Tire (discounttire.com). Since you have the 17" wheels, you should get out the door for far less!!! Good luck in your search.

Grrr...seems I was mistaken. The tires are 18s...not 17s. They are Goodyear high performance tires. He said they're the only ones that Goodyear makes for my car. Dang. :cries:

Thanks for the links!!!

Agreed. I paid about $800 for 4 Bridgestones (Seattle area), and that included all the nickel/dime stuff. My wife loves them - great wet/dry traction.

Best thing to do as someone already mentioned is click in to tirerack.com and punch in your information (size whatever you want) then click ontires and punch compare then you get a side by side on all the tires and you deleat them one by one. It is very simple it just takes a little time and I order all my tires on line and bring them locally to have them put on.

directtires.com great place also ""free shipping""

Agreed. I paid about $800 for 4 Bridgestones (Seattle area), and that included all the nickel/dime stuff. My wife loves them - great wet/dry traction.

Best thing to do as someone already mentioned is click in to tirerack.com and punch in your information (size whatever you want) then click on tires and punch compare then you get a side by side on all the tires and you deleat them one by one. It is very simple it just takes a little time and I order all my tires on line and bring them locally to have them put on.

discounttires.com great place also ""free shipping""

• 3 months later...
<_< I have a 2004 RX330 that I bought used. It's time for new tires. My trusty mechanic told me that new tires will run me around $1100. That seems steep to me...awfully steep. Is that a reasonable price to pay for 4 tires? I believe he said Michelin or Goodyear. I'm not sure of the tire name, but the size is

225/65/R17.

I've done some preliminary research, but I haven't found any tires that are this expensive. Am I being ripped off?

Thanks!

Costco quoted me $180 each for Michelins. This is their out the door price.

sobrante