Basic Radio Questions - But Suggestive

Bill Fisher

<_<

I have recently purchased a 2003 LS430.

Nice riding car - many things I like about it, except the radio.

Question One:

How to question:

The balance seems to control the sound from left to right. Is there a balance option from from front to rear?

Question Two:

The radio just doesn't seem tp have the "umph", to say, shack the car. Yes I like the sounds loud, with a strong base. Please suggest if my impression the radio is "weak" is on or off base. Additionally, please suggest if you have heard people, perhaps yourself, that have replaced the radio. What replacement options are there?

This forum does spell check - very nice feature.

BTW :unsure: This is my first Lexus, but I did drive a Camry from 1987 to 1999 for 250K miles. I have been a German car kinda guy recently.

The LS430 has great audio system as long as you like classical music. Personaly, I think they are just fine. Just do some playing around with it.

Do you have ML system? Navigation?

There should be a "FADER" for front and rear adjustment.

LS 430 has 8" subwoofer so that you are not going to have lots of boom coming out of it. GS has bigger subwoofer so there are more boom from the GS. I have not heard any one replace the entire system but to add amps to make them sound better, and NO, I don't know who, where, when or how. I guess a trip to your local car audio shop would be more informative.

We have a MB ML55 AMG and the Bose audio sounds great in it's own way and I preferred it over my ML system in my LS.

The LS430 has great audio system as long as you like classical music. Personally, I think they are just fine. Just do some playing around with it.

Do you have ML system? Navigation?

There should be a "FADER" for front and rear adjustment.

LS 430 has 8" subwoofer so that you are not going to have lots of boom coming out of it. GS has bigger subwoofer so there are more boom from the GS. I have not heard any one replace the entire system but to add amps to make them sound better, and NO, I don't know who, where, when or how. I guess a trip to your local car audio shop would be more informative.

We have a MB ML55 AMG and the Bose audio sounds great in it's own way and I preferred it over my ML system in my LS.

Ahhh the FADER - I wondered what that was for - will play with it soon. Wife took car on a road trip, don't have it this weekend.

I do not have the navigator - wish I did.

BTW - my musical selections tend to hover around Rock and Hip-Hop.

Thanks for the Fader suggestion