Key Fob

Has anyone had a problem with their key fob not working on driver door only. It works for everything else. I have changed batteries. Nothing works. Lexus said it is the control module in the driver door. A $600 part. Any advise would be welcome.

If all other functions work properly, there are two likely possibilities; the latch in the door or the computer in the door.

If the power lock switches inside the car work the driver's door properly, it rules out the latch and lock motor. If the interior switches nor the the keyfob can operate the driver's door, I would suspect the locking motor in the latch.

Someone in the forum might offer more concise help if you give details about what exactly works and what does not.

If all other functions work properly, there are two likely possibilities; the latch in the door or the computer in the door.

If the power lock switches inside the car work the driver's door properly, it rules out the latch and lock motor. If the interior switches nor the the keyfob can operate the driver's door, I would suspect the locking motor in the latch.

Someone in the forum might offer more concise help if you give details about what exactly works and what does not.

the key fob locks and unlocks every door except for the drivers lock. The drivers lock does nothing. If I manually lock the drivers door and then hit the lock function on the fob, then the other 3 doors lock. But when I try to hit the unlock function on the fob, the drivers door will not unlock, but the other 3 will unlock. I have to open the drivers door with the key inserted into the lock.

The owner before me had the locks programed to lock when transmission is put into drive and unlock when put in park. The drivers door again will do nothing during this, but the other 3 doors will lock and unlock.

the key fob locks and unlocks every door except for the drivers lock. The drivers lock does nothing. If I manually lock the drivers door and then hit the lock function on the fob, then the other 3 doors lock. But when I try to hit the unlock function on the fob, the drivers door will not unlock, but the other 3 will unlock. I have to open the drivers door with the key inserted into the lock.

The owner before me had the locks programed to lock when transmission is put into drive and unlock when put in park. The drivers door again will do nothing during this, but the other 3 doors will lock and unlock.

I have just acquired my 99' GS 300 from my grandfather. His keys worked totally fine, unlocking everything correctly until my father replaced the battiers in the key fobs. Now I am having the same situation. The key fob can unlock but only will unlock 3 doors NOT the drivers. I have to place the key into the lock in order for it to work. I read above that someone said that Lexus would charge $600.00. This is insane becauase all my dad did was put a new battery in. Hopefully all of us can find a solution to this...

• 3 weeks later...

Does your drivers door lock/unlock with the power lock switch on the door? If not, the actuator is probably out. I have the same problem with my passenger door. I am just waiting until it really bothers me and then I hunt up a used actuator. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone had a problem with their key fob not working on driver door only. It works for everything else. I have changed batteries. Nothing works. Lexus said it is the control module in the driver door. A $600 part. Any advise would be welcome.

Im having the same problem on a 2000 gs 300. every door unlocks when i hit the button on the remote. but only the drivers back door locks when i hit the lock button. Any advice would be helpful.

Im having the same problem on a 2000 gs 300. every door unlocks when i hit the button on the remote. but only the drivers back door locks when i hit the lock button. Any advice would be helpful.

Hopefully the tech was able to get paid for diagnosis. What they did was hooked up a scan tool to the car, and commanded the module to unlock or lock the door, if they did not hear the relay, they check for voltage coming out of the module, no voltage= bad module.

If the relay did click, than they know that the latch assembly was bad.