What Color To Make Instrument Cluster?

Hey everyone, I am going to buy 8 LED's to replace the bulbs of the instrument cluster, I not sure whether to get blue or white LED's. I searched around this forum for someone having a blue color cluster but i couldnt find any pictures. Does anyone have a suggestion for which color i should make my cluster? if anyone finds pictures please attach them, i appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Hey everyone, I am going to buy 8 LED's to replace the bulbs of the instrument cluster, I not sure whether to get blue or white LED's. I searched around this forum for someone having a blue color cluster but i couldnt find any pictures. Does anyone have a suggestion for which color i should make my cluster? if anyone finds pictures please attach them, i appreciate it. Thanks guys.

I've seen pics on another forum of a cluster with blue LEDs. According to the guy who installed them, they didn't show up too well at night...kind of dim.

I used white/blue LEDs in my cluster. They are mostly white but have a slight blueish tint to them and they are nice and bright at night.

Here's a couple of pics:

Daytime

newcluster.jpg

Nightime

nightcluster2.jpg

The cluster actually looks bluer than in these pics, but then I used a cheapo camera... :wacko:

I'd like white with blue needles

Yeah, blue needles would look pretty cool but since the ES300's needles have sort of an amber colored center strip where the light shows through, blue LEDs behind the needles would end up looking kind of green in color.

hmm so after i went in to replace the cluster lights. i finished up and later that day when i was driving i pressed the outside temp button and it said it was -22F when it was probably in the high 80's.. weird.. so i disconnected the battery, thinking that was the problem, connected the battery again, checked the temp and sure enough it was 86F.. ive never had that happen before.. not a big deal but would anyone have any idea why that happened?

• 6 months later...

Hey, how hard and how much to replace them? I haven't had good ones for a while and just found this forum looking for where to replace my thermostat on my 93 es300. Thanks for your help

I would be interested in a part number and detailed explanation of how this mod was done. the bulbs on my instrument needle4s are all dead, this is somthing i'm interested in fixing.

thanks,

Merrill