Traded In My '01 740i Sport For A 2004 Gx470...issues, But Nothing

Reboot

After trading in my X5 for a LS430 last year, I'm slowly becoming a believer of Lexus quality and reliability. With 82,000 miles on the clock for my beloved 740, it was time to let her go. It was to a point where I had to replace something every month on the car.

The choice was between the Range Rover HSE and the GX. After comparing them side by side and driving them, it was a close call. The Range Rover definitely is more of a driver's vehicle where the Lexus is more of a laid back type of ride. Ultimately, the Lexus had the touchscreen NAV, rear ENT DVD, backup camera, and the cool suspension that you can lower and adjust to your liking. That sealed the deal.

As I drove my new truck off the lot and got on the expressway, I noticed a little light next to the fuel gauge blinking w/ a tire looking symbol w/ an exclamation point inside. I thought it was the tire pressure, but checked out the tire pressure, it was fine. Also, checked the pressure on the spare (as stated on this forum) and it was fine as well.

Also, when I came to a stop and then accelerated, I would hear a little "clunk". Researched this site this weekend and found the TSB relating to this. Also, found out that my driver's side window doesn't have the one-touch functionality. All the other windows do, except my driver's side window...weird.

A problem that I haven't been able to figure out yet is this. When I put a DVD into the rear dvd player, the DVD menu shows on the rear screen, however it has a message saying that if I want to do something w/ the settings either touch the front screen or press a key on the remote. I tried both and can't get the annoying message to disappear. It takes up half of the rear DVD screen, so it's useless to use it. I'm sure it's something simple, but just need a little direction.

I'm very anal about my vehicles and generally anything that's "off" gets my full attention. It looks as though the previous owner decided to ignore some of the problems with this vehicle. Thank goodness for the factory warranty!

First of all, Congrats on acquiring the new GX!

Answers to a couple of your questions. That's strange that the tire pressure indicator would go on, after you checking all (including spare) the tire pressures, it's possible maybe one of the sensors are broken and could cause the light to go on. Check with your dealer on that one...

As to the clunk problem, if you have your Lexus dealer do the latest TSB, you'll be fine and guaranteed it should go away..

As to your DVD question, I'm not familiar with the DVD functions (because i dont have RSES) but I'm pretty sure someone else could probably help you on that matter..

Any more questions feel free to just ask! :cheers:

My wife has had her eye on GX's after realizing what a great car my old LS is. Well, tonight we traded the '01 X5 for an '04 GX -Silver Pine Metallic w/ Dark gray interior. Yay!!!! Now I can actually get an oil filter at the local parts place without having to order it :D