08 400h Changes And Release Date?

I am looking at purchasing a new Lexus 400h but i am stuck between waiting for the 08 model or getting the 07 model. Does anyone know when the 08 is going to be released and what the possible or annouced changes are going to be? Any opinion on which would be a better choice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Isaiah,

I am in precisely the same boat. My salesperson has no info on the '08's, yet.

My hopes are that next year's 400h will pick up the subtle changes/upgrades of the '08 RX350. Most importantly, since it is the last year for this generation, Lexus will have exterminated all the "bugs."

well, most likely it will be in august/september. Probably will get some of the small touches from the RX350, like the chrome door handles. If i were you, i would wait for an '09 if possible. if you cant wait a year and a half, get the '08. Getting a later model means a better resale value and also all the bugs should be gone. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a Taste of Lexus demo car 3 weeks ago and now the dealer has agreed to take that back for a 2007 RX-400H ... now local Bay area dealers are stating the 2008 RX-400H will be here in 6-7 weeks ... the only difference I have been told so far is ... "chrome door handles".

--Aaron in San Francisco

well, most likely it will be in august/september. Probably will get some of the small touches from the RX350, like the chrome door handles. If i were you, i would wait for an '09 if possible. if you cant wait a year and a half, get the '08. Getting a later model means a better resale value and also all the bugs should be gone. good luck.

I believe the 09 400H will only come in a 7

passenger conformation.

What do you mean by "since this is the last year of the generation?"

Also, to the person whose car salesman is saying 2010, I think that is just because he/she wants to sell you a car Now. I don't believe that. I believe that Edmunds.com is accurate. We will know for sure though this Fall at the Toyko Car Show.

What about color lineups? When will we know the color choices for the 09?

What do you mean by "since this is the last year of the generation?"

Also, to the person whose car salesman is saying 2010, I think that is just because he/she wants to sell you a car Now. I don't believe that. I believe that Edmunds.com is accurate. We will know for sure though this Fall at the Toyko Car Show.

What about color lineups? When will we know the color choices for the 09?

What about the colors for the 2008 model? Does anyone know what those are?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the 08 RX portfolio infront of me. from the pictures of the 350 they took, it looks exactly the same. i just scanned the pages for you. here are the images:

rx400h specs

6gods46.jpg

rx400h colors

5xo5iew.jpg

rx350 colors

68kztba.jpg

What about the "restyled front grille design, new exterior chrome door handles, a new finish on the five-spoke, 18-inch wheels, and a color-keyed rear spoiler."

Are you saying it appears the '08 400h will have the same "styling cues/updates" that were made on the '08 RX350?

Great. 8 prior replies that all basicly guess. Why? Lexus Sales and Manufacturing have a complete disconect. Therefore, we're all left guessing. Therefore, I'll refuse to say, "It'll probably be ... " or, "It's likely going to be ..."

Yea, these uninformed sales people can't even say with certainty whether or not they'll finally ad smart ignition, like every other nice car has. Isn't that why we pay the big bucks? So we can have all the cool stuff? I mean, come on! A mechanical spring loaded key? 65 year old technology? Sheesh. Ok, off my soapbox.

The good news is that the longer our old RX style remains the most current version, the longer our old cars will still pass for new. We've owned MB's and Range Rovers over the years, and the nice thing those car manufacturers would do was maximize the same tooling, by NOT changing the style every stinking year ... thereby leaving the person with a car just a few months old, looking like last years ol' newsprint. But all too few manufacturers do that now days ... as they WANT to prompt you to buy new.

oh! and welcome to the group, Isaiah.

i was told @ the dealership that the 08 model should come standard as keyless entry. but i dunno if thats true, i didnt read about it anywhere.

Thanks Gotti for the color swatches. You're the very first one to post them out there. I've been trying to decide whether to buy the 2007 model with great $ discounts, or brave it out and wait for the 2008 model. The huge selection of colors makes me glad I've waited, although I still wonder about the release date? August 1? Sept. 1? FYI - it looks like I have the same dealer package for both 2008 RX models. However, mine only had the 2008 colors for the 350 model. The color swatch sheet for the 400h model had the 2007 colors - good through August 2007. So, you are so lucky to get the new swatches. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now, my next worry is to also hope that the DMV can approve the Clean Fuel license plates for the 2008h!

[quote name='ERC66' post='254256' date='Jul 30 2007, 04:57 PM'.

Thanks Gotti for the color swatches.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now, my next worry is to also hope that the DMV can approve the Clean Fuel license plates for the 2008h!

Clean Fuel license plates? What does Virginia offer for that designation? No smog test?

According to InternetAutoGuide.Com

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-news...0163/index.html

Lexus Announces Prices on 2008 RX 400h, SC 430, GX 470, IS 250/350, ES 350 and LS 460

TORRANCE, Calif., July 27/PRNewswire/ -- Lexus announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the 2008 RX 400h hybrid luxury utility vehicle, SC 430 luxury hardtop convertible, GX 470 premium luxury utility vehicle, IS 250/350 luxury sport sedans, ES 350 luxury sedan, and LS 460 premium luxury sedan. Each model will go on sale in September.

For 2008, the RX 400h hybrid luxury utility vehicle receives several styling enhancements including a restyled front grille design, new exterior chrome door handles, a new finish on the five-spoke, 18-inch wheels, and a color-keyed rear spoiler. The world's first luxury utility hybrid also receives seven new exterior colors including Smoky Granite Mica, Golden Almond Metallic, Classic Silver Metallic, Breakwater Blue Metallic, Brandy Wine Mica, Desert Sage Metallic and Matador Red Mica.

The base MSRP for the RX 400h with front-wheel-drive will remain unchanged at $41,180. The price of the all-wheel-drive RX 400h also remains unchanged from 2007 at $42,580.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll see the "electric-only button" on the 400h until the '09 re-design. That would be the main reason to wait for it unless you also need the third row seat.