Power Seat Little White Plug

ajh1996

I have a small white plug that popped out when moving my seat front or back. It appears to screw in but is now stripped out and the seat will not move. has any one been sucessful getting the seat to move again? I can hear the motor hum and click if i hold the button.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a small white plug that popped out when moving my seat front or back. It appears to screw in but is now stripped out and the seat will not move. has any one been sucessful getting the seat to move again? I can hear the motor hum and click if i hold the button.

I also lost this plug. The seat would not move. I removed the plug from the drivers side and put it in the passenger side and it worked fine. Now I need another plug. I have called the lexus dealer and parts guy said to come by and show him what I was talking about. I will let you know if I can buy just the white plug.

• 11 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You need to go to the IH8MUD.COM forum and one of the folks there came up with a cure for the little white cap (that gets lost easily) otherwise you have to buy a new assembly ($$$) or you can strip the gears if the cap is missing. Give it a shot.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/202960-...tml#post2999788

-JJA

Albuquerque, NM B)

• 1 year later...

I went to my local mechanic for the same seat problem over the weekend & it would cost like $90 labor + parts for him to take the seat out & check what's wrong. I was told to come back during week days so he can order parts form the stealer too.

I decided to search in the internet & end up here. I was lucky enough to find the white cap that was in my garage's workbench's cabinet. All it takes is 10 min. & a penny coin to screw the white cap back to the passenger seat & BINGO, it works!

Thanks, guys!