Engine Room Cover Plastic Retainer

n8vlex

I am looking for "push pin-style" retainer clips for engine room covers (the black plastic trim pieces that cover battery&brake fluid reservoir on the driver side and intake&windshield wiper reservoir on the passenger side) for a 07GX. One of them broke off into pieces last night when I was taking the plastic trim off. I checked rockauto and irontoad, both sites do not have this small trim piece listed. :cries: If anyone knows of an online source for these clips, please let me know. Thanks

Are you talking about the little Push-in clips, the one you push the middle button in and the clips come out? Check with your Lexus dealer, they should have them for about $3 a piece. I know they have them cuz I lost one of them and I had to go buy a new one! <_<

Are you talking about the little Push-in clips, the one you push the middle button in and the clips come out? Check with your Lexus dealer, they should have them for about $3 a piece. I know they have them cuz I lost one of them and I had to go buy a new one! <_<

Yes! These clips don't look very durable, so I was trying to buy a few to keep around (from an alternative source other then the dealer, $3 for a 25 cent plastic clips seems like a rip-off ). BTW, do you have the toyota/lexus part number for these clips?

My local NAPA autoparts have similar looking retainers (8 for $5) but they are slightly longer and they would not fit.

Sorry I dont have the part number, but the parts department guy knows what to look for when you tell him. I know $3 is a total rip off but we have no choice. There aren't any other clips out there that would fit the engine compartment plastics. <_< If you find other clips, it will either 1. won't work or 2. wont look good.

Problem solved. I did some research online and found out that the part number is 90467-07117. I picked some up from a local lexus dealer (Bob Baker Lexus)..very reasonable price of 85cents each.

This is an interesting thread, because just last Sunday I was under the hood and thought at the time about taking those side covers off altogether. I personally think they look sort of cheap (unlike the cover over the engine itself) and I like to have the ability to check under the hood for fluid levels, leaks and other potential problems without the hassle of taking the covers off each time.

Has anyone else taken these off and stored them, or am I the only guy who gets his kicks looking under the hood and actually seeing machinery?

This is an interesting thread, because just last Sunday I was under the hood and thought at the time about taking those side covers off altogether. I personally think they look sort of cheap (unlike the cover over the engine itself) and I like to have the ability to check under the hood for fluid levels, leaks and other potential problems without the hassle of taking the covers off each time.

Has anyone else taken these off and stored them, or am I the only guy who gets his kicks looking under the hood and actually seeing machinery?

Well it is really simple to remove it but other people just dont feel like taking them off. LOL. I can just easily compare the engine with my 4Runner that DOESNT have the plastic beauty cover. lol. :rolleyes:

I like the covers because they make it easy to clean the engine bay. I lost of few of those clips when I change out my lights. The dealer's parts guy gave me some for free, he threw in a few extras too.

I like the covers because they make it easy to clean the engine bay. I lost of few of those clips when I change out my lights. The dealer's parts guy gave me some for free, he threw in a few extras too.

Well you are "cheating" it because if you really look closely underneath the covers, it's REALLY dirty under there! lol. A couple times I took a peek under the cover, and it's really dirty under there while I try to just keep the cover clean and show that off to other people. :whistles: