97 Alarm Auto Set

mitchel68

It seems that my Alarm is not set to arm itself. My insurance gives me a discount if I have a "Passive Arm" alarm. I think that means it has to arm whether I press the lock button or not? Does anyone know if this can be set to passive arm? Also, if it can be done, how much delay time is there from close the doors to passive arm and are there ways to adjust the time allowed?

Thansk,

Kevin

:blink:

The factory alarm is NOT 100% passive. It normally takes about 30 seconds to arm itself after you lock the doors. If you lock the doors and then unlock the doors and you don't open it, it will automatically re-arm itself. I'm not sure whether the operation of this alarm can be changed though. I would contact your dealer and ask them. I told my insurance company that it was a passive alarm so they would give me the discount. ;)

weird

my insurance company said it had an active alarm

meinnig i had to do something to get it armed

i even said i have another alarm and they said it made no difference

then i asked about passive and tehy said that an active alarm saves me more

A full passive alarm will automatically arm itself by just closing the door. Lexus alarms don't work that way. You have to lock the door with either the remote on your key or the lock button on the armrest and than it'll arm itself in about 30 seconds.