Side Mirrors Not Working-where's The Fuse?

us000011

• 3 weeks later...

Problem: Both side mirrors do not adjust when using the control box.

Solution: replace the CIG fuse in most cases.

Below the side mirror control area you will see the little flip down box on the far left of the dash below the display and to the left of the steering wheel. If you flip open the latch, the compartment will open. Once it is open, you can pull up on the compartment and out and it should come completely out without too much trouble......don't worry, it is durable and difficult to break.

Once the compartment piece is out, you can look into the area behind it and see all the fuses.

Side mirror control porblems: Most can be solved by replacing the fuse which is listed as the CIG lighter fuse (***list is on the back of the compartment you removed). The CIG fuse should be on the left as you are looking at the fuses, second row down from top, far left I think.....blue 15 amp fuse. I replaced mine and found that the side mirror controls were back in order. I think the fuse is a 15 amp fuse. Use a pair of needle nose pliars to get the fuse out, or a fuse puller. Place the new fuse in. Turn the key on and see if that solves the problem....it should. Also check any and all other fuses while you are there with the key off. Replace the compartment back into opening in front of fuse area and you should be good to go.

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...