Removing The Front Bumper

Manolo

Ok, the two highbeam lights (the 2 circled ones inbetween the headlights) on my 93 sc400 are dirty as hell and i really want to clean them, but I was told the only way u can take them off was by removing the bumper. So i was wondering if anyone out there had like a start up tutorial on how to remove the front bumper?.....thanks in advance

Well, the guy who told you that, has never done it before. It's a little bit harder than that, it's no HOnda. WEEKEND job. You don't have to remove the entire clip, but loosen it up a little. It's been a while since I did it so I might be missing a step or two.

Start by removing the skid pads under the front end of the car. remove the mudguard from the wheel, and then remove the headlights. There is one screw for each high beam light reachable behind the headlight. You might be able to remove the screw with a small screw driver, but I decided to remove the entire setup. The other one can be reached from the inside of the bay. You're going to have to remove the coolant flask and a few other things, if you can't reach it from underneath, Stretching a lot.

warning.If you're trying to remove the front clip, there are a pair of screw-like strips, in the cold air ducts on the front of the car; you'll see it from underneath looking up. They're fake, it's a push-pin clip, a flathead screw driver to pry.

I hope this helps getting you started. Goodluck removing the two housings, and if you need more help, let me know.