Gotta Love A Sc300 5 Speed

BlurrySC300

I was driving down the highway earlier tonight...helps me clear my head and seems to make almost all my problems go away. I came to this stop light,and low and behold, one of my old favorites was next to me...a Mazda RX-7 turbo. The guy driving had his windows up...mine were down. GREEN! No race...we just accelerated...somehow I was going a bit faster than him...I guess he took it personally and tried to show me who the boss of the road currently was...I watched and grinned...downshifted into 3rd and floored it. Hit 87 then down to 4th...this guy had his !Removed! handed to him. I couldn't help but grin and be proud of myself but more importantly, my car. I truly do love my car and damn near everything about it. What a true auto masterpiece.

Just thought i'd share this story with you guys. Off to bed now. Night

--John

I definitely agree about the 5 speed SC......

I love this damn car...nothing better than being all wrapped up in fine leather, and having this super smooth stick luxury car.........maaan........I wish I had a turbo though, that is the ultimate dream!

The other day I got on the xpressway and raced one of those pesky mazda 6's, the new ones with the cheap dual exhaust.....i hit 138 mph and left that trash in the dust...nothing but a little dot on my rearview! Could not deal with the power or suspension..........and I could have gone faster but I was going so fast that it felt like I was driving on a street full of sharp curves so I didnt wanna kill myself B)

BTW going over 100mph is a felony offense :ph34r:

This message will self destruct in T-5 seconds

Hey, I just got myself a 92 sc 300 5spd (LOVE IT SOOO MUCH BEST CAR EVER) and i wanted to slowly upgrade it. Just the little things and work my way up cause cash is tight. Im sure plenty of you have beautiful cars and know plenty of little things i can to to gain hp :D If any of you have any suggestions on what i should do first (something small) and help me from there i would be very happy :lol:

thanks guys

Sc300 5 Speed rule B)

Never seen this in our forum. Here goes. My SC300 5-speed was transformed with a change of manual transmission fluid to the fantastic NeoSynthetic 75w-90 HD. Let me restate that. This car at 85,000 now shifts like a dream. If you are good at the feel of a perfectly set up 5-speed, you understand what it means to shift without using a clutch. That just was not possible in my car. Possibly the same in yours. Neo changed all that. I do not have to use a clutch at all to move up through all gears if I am so inclined. No gnashing, nothing, just slips into the gear if you are RPM matched. I would highly recommend dumping conventional oil and going with Neo. Not so that you don't use a clutch, but the whole feel of the man trans changes to a much smoother touch from cold start on.

I wanted to share this with the rest of the 5-speed owners who are drawn to the thread. I was amazed.

:cheers:

Two owner 1994 SC300 5-speed 85,000, barely broken-in; BFI; You can not pry this car from my hands.

• 2 months later...
a Mazda RX-7 turbo ... this guy had his !Removed! handed to him

Oh, stop it. Any 3rd gen RX-7 with the turbos working would hand you your !Removed!. Our SC300s are very nice cars, but fast, they're not.

Jonas

93 SC300 5spd

93 RX-7 Touring

Guys, I had my automatic tranny swapped with a 5 Speed Supra tranny and a OS Giken Twin plate clutch. It was like I owned an entirely different car!!! For starters I had to relearn how to drive it. With the twin plates the clutch pedal is quite stiff so I had to learn finesse so I didn't break traction at every stop light!! It's a dream and its quite fun to drive now. Total conversion including new clutch plate and parts, about $4500 bucks.

I want one, am looking for one, if anyone has a 5 speed for sale, PLEASE let me know, okay? I drove one up in Tucson a couple months ago, seemed a bit cushy, (as it's supposed to in stock form, I guess) and I'm more of a hard core type guy as far as cars are concerned. But, it has the speed, and with Eibachs (or insert best choice here) and maybe stiffer shocks, I think I could be a very happy camper. As far as shifting w/o the clutch, yes, yes, I used to do that in my '94 Miata R version. Love to match revs and downshift, as well is that pretty easy to do in the SC300? Pedals match up pretty well and can you slip over to the gas pedal to blip the throttle while braking?

Oh, I can't wait...

Thanks,

Tom Reynolds

Hereford, AZ

(80 miles southeast of Tucson)

I learned the hard way about stiff clutches. I had a '70 LT1 Vette that I installed a "racing" clutch in and wore out all of my linkage in a hurry. In fact, the clutch rod that went through the cowl broke while I was on my way home at 3 AM. What a !Removed!. I know our cars don't have all of the linkage like the old cars but keep an eye on the pivot points you do have. I think our cars have a plastic bushing that will wear out in no time.

Have fun with that stick.

Wick