Need New Wiper Blades - Any Suggestions?

Rya

I have had my RX330 for almost 6 weeks now. The dealership said they put on new wiper blades for me - I HATE them! Terrible streaking problems. Any suggestions for what brand to use? I've used Bosch with great success on my old Cherokee, but maybe there is something better? Thanks!

I've found that PIAA wiper blades are the best bang-for-the-buck when replacing wiper blades. Just get the insert refills (not the entire wiper blade metal arm assemblies) and save yourself some money. The insert refills fit the original arm assemblies perfectly, unlike most of the insert refills you'll find at Pep Boys/Autozone/Advance Auto etc.

Go to piaa.com and find a local dealer who carries them or will order a set for you. The insert refills typically cost about $10 each and keep in mind that the drivers side refill and passenger side refill are NOT identical. The drivers side refill is typically one or two inches longer and slightly wider than the passenger side refill....

By the way, my favorite musicians on the planet (Don Dixon and his wife Marti Jones) live in Canton. I assume that's fairly close to you. Don and his band will be playing here in Raleigh on July 13th and we'll be there, front and center....

Thanks for the info. Is this the same PIAA that does the lights? I was in the accessory biz. and might be able to get easily.

I'm about a half hour north of Canton, what kind of music do Don & Marti play? My Hubby & I looked at moving to Raleigh - & still hope to do so in a few years - so nice down there!

Yes, PIAA also sells automotive light bulbs. Their product quality is outstanding and long-lasting....

As for Dixon/Jones music, check out Dixon's website at www.dondixonmusic.com. He also has a link there that will take you to his MySpace page where you can listen in to various projects in production. His music is all over the map - roots rock, indie rock, pop rock, blue-eyed soul, you name it and he's done it over the years. He's better known for his production and engineering work for obscure bands that nobody knew until he got a hold of them in the studio and made them famous. Examples include REM, The Smithereens, and Hootie & The Blowfish. I know that he does a lot of volunteer work now for the college radio station at Kent State....

Dixon lived here in the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area back during our college and post-college days in the 1970s and 80s and I spent many a night at various clubs and venues listening to his band Arrogance at that time. We became friends and have stayed in distant touch over the years. Dixon, Marti, and their guitar player Jamie Hoover played a 3-hour acoustic show in our living room for our 20th anniversary back in 1999. It was a surprise for my wife and she didn't know what was going on until she came home from an errand I had sent her on and found them in our living room that night with eight of our closest friends. It took me two months to secretly set everything up and pull it off. My wife still tells me that I'll never be able to top that....

Get yourself some PIAA wiper refills and check out Dixon's music. The next time he plays in the Cleveland area, you should go to the show. He is truly a world-class talent as is Marti, but she's essentially retired from performing now and spends her time raising their daughter....

I've found that PIAA wiper blades are the best bang-for-the-buck when replacing wiper blades. Just get the insert refills (not the entire wiper blade metal arm assemblies) and save yourself some money. The insert refills fit the original arm assemblies perfectly, unlike most of the insert refills you'll find at Pep Boys/Autozone/Advance Auto etc.

Go to piaa.com and find a local dealer who carries them or will order a set for you. The insert refills typically cost about $10 each and keep in mind that the drivers side refill and passenger side refill are NOT identical. The drivers side refill is typically one or two inches longer and slightly wider than the passenger side refill....

By the way, my favorite musicians on the planet (Don Dixon and his wife Marti Jones) live in Canton. I assume that's fairly close to you. Don and his band will be playing here in Raleigh on July 13th and we'll be there, front and center....

It is fortunate that the piaa refills fit the lexus blade assembly. I have been using them about 2 years now now and do find them to be the best. You may have trouble finding just the refills at most dealers. I had to order mine. Buying just the refills makes the price a lot better. I don't know if I would get them if I had to go for the whole blade assembly. The refills won't fit my other cars so I just get Michelin blades at Walmart.

• 4 weeks later...

I was lazy & didn't feel like going to go hunt the PIAA's down. So I put on Bosch Ion's. So far so good. The drivers side wiper leaves a line in the water after it swipes, but then it dries clean. Thanks for the advise all!

I've had PIAA fall apart during usage.. I've been happy with the michellin blade you can get at walmart.

We're the PIAA's under warranty? I guess I'm more familiar with their lights than wipers & I wasn't really sold on the idea (ok & lazy, I know).

• 1 month later...

DENSO makes the best wiper blades by far. DENSO makes many OE parts for Lexus. I just replaced mine on my '04 RX330 and they are incredibly smooth. You can find the part number you need at densoaftermarket.com.

my guess is that they never changed them for you.

My thoughts exactly. I'm happy with the Ion's so far.

What get's replaced when the rear wiper needs to be done?