Entering Names/phone Numbers Manually On Nav?

Hello, I have a 2004 LS430, and cannot find a way to enter names and numbers MANUALLY into the phone book (my phone does not transfer contacts well - numbers come out as +1||||||||||||||||||||||||||| - literally). Is this feature not present? Makes little sense to me that it's not available. If someone knows how to do this, please post.

Hello, I have a 2004 LS430, and cannot find a way to enter names and numbers MANUALLY into the phone book (my phone does not transfer contacts well - numbers come out as +1||||||||||||||||||||||||||| - literally). Is this feature not present? Makes little sense to me that it's not available. If someone knows how to do this, please post.

Sorry. The GEN 4 (2004 LS430) system does not allow for you to manually input a contact. Only GEN 5 systems allow for users to add new contacts. Your best bet is to check LetsTalk.com for Lexus and find a handset that is more compatible with your vehicle in comparison to your current handset.

• 1 year later...

Sorry. The GEN 4 (2004 LS430) system does not allow for you to manually input a contact. Only GEN 5 systems allow for users to add new contacts. Your best bet is to check LetsTalk.com for Lexus and find a handset that is more compatible with your vehicle in comparison to your current handset.

Finally an answer - this is brutal that you can't enter #'s manually one at a time. I have a '06 LX470.

Yes, I went thru the same thing on my 06 LX. You can use the log with outgoing and incoming calls to add to one touch, but then you will only have the number shown, no name. I tried several phones till I found some that worked good for transfer. The phone does not need to be active. So if you can transfer your phone contacts by computor or have a cell phone company do it for you, you can get one from e-bay or somewhere else and just use it for that if you don't want to change phones. You can go to the Lexus site and find a list of phones that will work with your vehicle and cell provider. I have Verizon, so were a lot of them that did not work. I ended up with a MotoW755 for the wife and a Blackberry Curve for my self. Both of these worked for me. That way I have both my contacts and the wife's in there in phone book 1 & 2.