Poor Razr Audio Quality With Bluetooth In Es-350

master B

Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem with their cell phone's audio performance with the bluetooth function thru the ES-350 audio system.

Although the phone links ok, the person speaking in the car via the bluetooth function sounds like they are on a speakerphone at the end of a short hallway.

I have a 2006 model silver Motorola RAZR that uses Verizon service and regardless of the signal strength, there is a delay in the audio and the person speaking in the car sounds like they are on a speakerphone at the end of a short hallway or tunnel.

I tried Lexus service and the Verizon store, but no help. Although they both acknowledge the problem, they have not offered any recommendations or solutions. Verizon will no longer try different model phones in the car, in an attempt to remedy the problem - apparently at the direction of their corporate offices.

Wondering if anyone has a specific phone model (preferrably with Verizon service) that works really well with the ES-350 bluetooth that runs thru the audio system. I did not get the navigation system on my car.

Would appreciate any suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(master B @ Jun 26 2007, 01:00 PM)
Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem with their cell phone's audio performance with the bluetooth function thru the ES-350 audio system.

Although the phone links ok, the person speaking in the car via the bluetooth function sounds like they are on a speakerphone at the end of a short hallway.

I have a 2006 model silver Motorola RAZR that uses Verizon service and regardless of the signal strength, there is a delay in the audio and the person speaking in the car sounds like they are on a speakerphone at the end of a short hallway or tunnel.

I tried Lexus service and the Verizon store, but no help. Although they both acknowledge the problem, they have not offered any recommendations or solutions. Verizon will no longer try different model phones in the car, in an attempt to remedy the problem - apparently at the direction of their corporate offices.

Wondering if anyone has a specific phone model (preferrably with Verizon service) that works really well with the ES-350 bluetooth that runs thru the audio system. I did not get the navigation system on my car.

Would appreciate any suggestions!

Sorry to hear about your difficulty.

Although I have Alltel as my provider, I do use the Motorola VC3 Razr in my ES350 via Bluetooh. No echo, tunnel effect or feedback. It simply works well.

I'm using Verizon as my carrier, and using an LG VX8300 phone. The reception on both ends is very good, as told to me by the parties whom I'm talking to. On occasion though the connection is a little less than perfect......but very rarely. I don't know whether it makes a difference, but I'm using this bluetooth setup with my ES350 that's equipped with NAV and ML sound.

Just curious on what the dealer did or didn't do. The microphone can be adjusted. I believe its called the Send voice level adjustment. There are 11 levels -5 to +5, but wouldn't recommend the minimum or maximum. Another thing to check is to make sure you don't have the handsfree on mute.

Cand the send voice level be changed by the owner or does this need to be changed by the dealer? I have no problems connecting via bluetooth (I am using a Treo 700) but most people I speak to through bluetooth tell me my voice is very faint. I can hear them just fine, but apparently they do not hear me very well.

Cand the send voice level be changed by the owner or does this need to be changed by the dealer? I have no problems connecting via bluetooth (I am using a Treo 700) but most people I speak to through bluetooth tell me my voice is very faint. I can hear them just fine, but apparently they do not hear me very well.

Supposed to be done at the dealer. Its a hidden maintenance menu, but I'm sure someone will or already has gotten access into it.