Sc 300 1jzgte Swap

ikrshinji

Hi

I currently have a 1996 sc 300 AUTO. I'm currently pondering upon a 1jzgte AUTO(from a 2jzge) swap. Would I need the entire front clip? or would parts from my front still fit on it. Also I heard there are different versions of the 1jzgte engine (VVT, rev limitations, trac. control) which one would be a sound choice. I'm trying to open up some turbo possiblilities for the car and MONEY is a relative issue... :huh:

Thanks

Hi

I currently have a 1996 sc 300 AUTO. I'm currently pondering upon a 1jzgte AUTO(from a 2jzge) swap. Would I need the entire front clip? or would parts from my front still fit on it. Also I heard there are different versions of the 1jzgte engine (VVT, rev limitations, trac. control) which one would be a sound choice. I'm trying to open up some turbo possiblilities for the car and MONEY is a relative issue... :huh:

Thanks

If money is an issue then just leave your car stock. To do the swap is going to run you around 10k. Do some looking into it and you will find that, that is what you are going to spend. Save you $$..IMO

Keep in mind, emissions, spare parts availability, rhd to lhd (the wiring harness is not going to work without splicing), and gauges. The wiring itself is enough to punk me out. Especially when there is equal to more power available with the existing powerplant.

Hi

WOW I never realized there was gonna be a potential problem with the 1JZ wiring. I've always figured that emission was gonna be the biggest enemy here (California). If I plan to do it... I'll probably be done by a professional mech.

What about the different versions of the 1jz. Isn't there a single turbo version? If so how much more different is it from the TT.

Thanks for all ur input ppl.

We have no emissions here in Florida, :whistles: but you do have a point regarding the wiring. But here is somthing to consider $2100.00 for the 1JZ front clip vs $4500.00 for a 2JZ front clip.

$2400.00 is enough cash to rewire the whole car.. :D

When you get done with the project please tell us what the total bill came to be....Good luck with your project...

Hi

Well... gonna research a bit more to see what the $$$ figures are gonna be and what needs to be done. I've seen the $2100 soarer front clips on ebay... also called around some JDM dealers and they all seem to be giving me the same deal. 1900-2500 $ for a 40-60k motor. Its gonna probably be one of those... preferably the ones without the rev/speed limiters. Always wanted them cool digital displays from the soarers. :P

I'll keep you guys updated on any news...

Sorry, Let me clarify a few things. Those prices are clip costs and did not include labor, I was simply pointing out the difference in complete front clip prices. So if you were expected to spend 10k with the 2Jzget, then perhaps you finial price for the 1JZ would be around $7,500 to 8,000. Either way any of the two will move better then a 2jz-ge. You may also want to consider a much less expensive option which is a Turbo kit from F-max or from Lance @ Toyomoto in Miami.

Good luck.. B)

Hi

Well... gonna research a bit more to see what the $$$ figures are gonna be and what needs to be done. I've seen the $2100 soarer front clips on ebay... also called around some JDM dealers and they all seem to be giving me the same deal. 1900-2500 $ for a 40-60k motor. Its gonna probably be one of those... preferably the ones without the rev/speed limiters. Always wanted them cool digital displays from the soarers. :P

I'll keep you guys updated on any news...

hey man, i been searching for 1j soarer clips forever! only ones that i have found were chasers and old MK3 supras. If you find a soarer clip, please let me know! thanx!! :D

I found this on e-bay, take a look at the pic and you will see that it is a Soarer clip.

Good luck. ;)

STOP DON'T PAY TOO MUCH AND BUY IT BY THE PIECE!!! You are dealing direct with the largest importer of Japanese Engines into the east coast of the United States. This Front Clip was imported from Japan with 98,669 kilo meters which is less than 60,000 miles. You have a 30 days warranty with this engine, we do not cover over heating, timing belt neglect. You are biding on a 1JZGTE Twin Turbo Auto trany complete convertion with nothing missing. This is a great swap for any Lexus GS300, SC300, or Toyota Supra from any year. This is the 280 horse power @ 6200 RPM this is the really deal!!! Here you get everything you need to convert your vehicle to Twin Turbo 1jzgte engine, auto trany, wire harness (uncut), ECU, ingitor, map sensor, and any thing eles you may need. Please note that the body panles are not part of the bid. I am asking $2100.00, the cheapest you will find on ebay. This engine was already tested at my shop. Please note bid only if you are going to buy, we really hate to leave Neg. Feed Backs. The winner of this bid must call within 72 hours of your bid. Payment must be made within 7 working days. Please feel free to contact us at (305)685-2550 ALL JAPANESE ENGINES

post-3-1062597831.jpg