Purchasing New Rotors And Brake Pads

Wolfy2880

Hey everyone...I have the same grinding when I apply my brakes ad I have heard other people have...I have had my pads checked and they were fine as well as my rotors...Atleast that was according to Lexus...I think I know more about cars than some of those morons...So nonetheless I am tired of the grinding noise...I am getting new pads and rotors to get rid of it all...

I am going to get new pads and rotors...I am thinking about getting EBC cross-drilled and slotted rotors...I am also thinking about getting EBC Greenstuff brake pads....

Any suggestions form anyone...Have any better ideas or ones that might not be as expensive...Like where to purchase them online for a good price...

I would like slotted and drilled rotors, as well as carbon-kevlar pads...I want them to be good but I do not want to spend too much...

Any advice would help...Thanks... :D

well from what i hear slotted and drilled isnt that good!cross drilled is better because your pads will last much longer.slotted rotors eats away your pads very quickly and couses some other problems on some cars.only race cars needs them!

i would recomend cross drilled rotors.check ebay they have them cheap.and just get a good pad to go with it and you will feel a big difference that way and save the pads from exessive wear from slotted ones.hope this helps!

Although the greenstuff pads do add more braking power (from what I hear), the trade off would be how long they last. I was also interested in them, but decided the braking power versus the time to change them out more often wasn't worth it for me. Our cars are recommended to use ceramic pads. I would either go with Lexus OEM pads or I had bought Akebone ProAct pads (supposedely they are OEM suppliers).

I would also not get slotted or cross drilled rotors as well. There are Lexus OEM parts on the web, I have bought from these guys for my 98 es300, seems pretty fair:

www.irontoad.com

I bought the Akebone ProActs from here:

http://www.ceramicfriction.com/cfindex.html

After I replaced them, I found that irontoad sells the OEM pads cheaper than what I bought them for <_< , but I no complaints with them as they don't squeal and break like new.