Sound When Driving

Hello,

I was driving just recently from lunch back to the office and I noticed this sound that increases in frequency when driving. It's kind of a low duh-duh-duh that increases in frequency as the speed of the vehicle increases. It seems to be coming from the left side of the vehicle, and I have no engine lights on or anything that would suggest some problem from it, but something maybe from the wheel or suspension, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be?

Thanks.

I just recently notice a odd similar noise in my wife's IS. She says she doesn't hear it and it's really starting to drive me crazy. It's hard to describe...let us know if you figure out what it is.

It's kind of a low duh-duh-duh that increases in frequency as the speed of the vehicle increases.

I had a very similar issue once.

It ended up being a hunk of old electrical tape that I drove over, and it flattened out and stuck to my tire.

Once I peeled it off, all was good again.

Check the tires.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by the dealership that with the low profile tires - especially if the car was sitting either in high heat or in the same place for a long time, it would warp the tires slightly - but would eventually go away within 15-20 minutes of driving (depending on type of driving). I imagine that is what the noise is - especially if it increases in frequency as you drive. That might be it, just a thought.

It's kind of a low duh-duh-duh that increases in frequency as the speed of the vehicle increases.

I had a very similar issue once.

It ended up being a hunk of old electrical tape that I drove over, and it flattened out and stuck to my tire.

Once I peeled it off, all was good again.

Check the tires.

LOL.

I had the same experience. I drove over some fat plastic tape and that stuck on my tire. It made the sound duh-duh-duh and increased the freq as I speed up. :D