Clear Bra

Has anyone had Clear Bra installed on their

vehicle and if so, does it work and is it truly

invisible?

Yes, I purchased it on ebay. I have it installed on my white 400h. The lighter the color, the more transparent it looks. Benefits? So far, no stone chips, so I guess it is working.

Cheers,

MadloR

invisible?

Jim-May I ask what parts of your vehicle you have it installed? The bumper, hood, grill, fenders, mirrors, headlamps?

invisible?

Yes. I had Xpel film applied to my Titanium Silver BMW Z3 2 years ago. It is visible from the line on the hood where the film stops. Casual observers would not notice it at all. The nitpickers would need to get within 6 ft or so to be able to see the tell tale line. I had the front bumper, hood and both side mirrors covered. I did the headlights myself.

In the two years I've had it, it has not yellowed that I can notice. However, my Z3 is garaged, when not on weekend jaunts. So I do not have any experience with the film exposed to daily sunlight over time. It has taken a few rock hits that did not penetrate the film. I do have one hit that went thru the film and chipped the paint. It would have been a lot worse if the film was not there to absorb some of the energy. I do have one spot that probably had a microscopic hole in the paint finish, or some other defect in the paint that a brown rust-looking tiny 1-2mm spot is visible under the film. The film is undamaged and appears perfect. I'm attending the 2007 BMW Homecoming in SC this year, and will have it fixed there.

My RX400h however, has 4-5 good chips on the bumper facia and hood. So its Lanka and some touchup paint time. Its leased so I do not plan to cough up the greenbacks to cover it.

Stan Chang

07 RX-400h AWD

01 Z3 3.0L 5spd

invisible?

Jim-May I ask what parts of your vehicle you have it installed? The bumper, hood, grill, fenders, mirrors, headlamps?

I purchased the kit on ebay (as mentioned above) and it was not the $300 plus kit with the 3m scotch trademark or patent type.

I installed the film on the... both rear view mirrors (a single piece each), the hood (a single large piece that covers the top portion of the hood and ends where the bottom portion of the headlamps end, and a single strip that covers the lower portion of the hood which is found under the front grill. I also have the bumper portion, complete but didn't install that part of the kit.

It was first attempt installing one since last applying a similar product about 15yrs ago. Let me tell you, I will probably re-install it in mid summer. I originally installed it when I received my vehicle back in january and the cold weather just adds to the challenge. It is definitely alot easier installing it once your body panels have been super heated by the sun. I would recommend a spray bottle with a couple of drops of Johnson baby shampoo mixed in. You will require a squeegee and a hair dryer. The pieces are originally cut slightly undersized because you need to PULL / STRETCH them in place, helps in alleviating bumbles.

Cheers,

MadloR

I had the bra, mirrors and door handles done at a place that specializes in window tinting, bras, etc. They were about 1/2 the cost of the dealer. Do the mirrors for sure. We just got back from a road trip, and when we got home I couldn't believe all the dead bugs on the back of the mirrors. I'm sure they are just as exposed to rocks.

ClearBra really helps prevent rock chips and scratches. It is great if you purchased the vehicle as you will get a better resale value when you decide to get rid of it. I do not have it installed because I have a lease but for my next car I will have a clearbra.

Good luck and believe me, it's worth the $250.

• 2 weeks later...
ClearBra really helps prevent rock chips and scratches. It is great if you purchased the vehicle as you will get a better resale value when you decide to get rid of it. I do not have it installed because I have a lease but for my next car I will have a clearbra.

Good luck and believe me, it's worth the $250.

I have installed the Clear Bra on My 2006 Lexus GS 300 and I would absolutely recommend this product.

My Last Lexus 1999 GS 300 looked as if someone with a bb gun sat in front of it and pelted it for an hour.

I traded it with 135000 miles and it was in awesome shape with the exception of the front end.

Both fog lamps had chips and the hood and bumper were highly damaged due to rocks.

I will always add this product to my car from now on.

Marxus